Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT AUTO
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, just thought I would throw this pic up of my 04 with forester specific swifts, KYB Excel G struts, KYB strut mounts and 17X7 wheels (42+offset) 225X55 R17s. No fitament issues, smooth install.

·
Premium Member
2013 Battle Wagon The Lazy One
1,358 Posts
Well done! Looks good and clean not overdone!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT AUTO
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!! also added the sti 20MM Rsb. Hoping to add a 22MM whiteline to the front at some point soon along with Subtle Solutions fender braces and rear trunk brace.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
143 Posts
Very nice! Planning on doing that very combo of struts and springs on my FXT in the next year or so. Looks good!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT AUTO
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, the whole job took most of a Saturday in the garage. Pretty straight forward with a good spring compressor.

·
Registered
2006 Forester L.L. Bean 4A to 300k miles, 2010 Forester Premium Silver
14 Posts
Nice looking job. I was wondering if you could help a bit. I have self leveling rear struts with one going bad and now need to go KYB/Heavier rear springs rather than buying more self leveling struts. Where did you purchase the Forester specific springs? Do you have a part number or specs of the Swift springs?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT AUTO
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
None really. Car is at subaru for service they adjusted the right side just a bit and added a little negative camber to the rear. All within spec.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT MT
395 Posts
Thanks!!! also added the sti 20MM Rsb. Hoping to add a 22MM whiteline to the front at some point soon along with Subtle Solutions fender braces and rear trunk brace.
On the whiteline 22mm FSB, are you using the one for an STI or for the Forester. I am trying to figure out which ones I should use now. I am running the same struts and springs as you and I am at the point where I want to replace my sway bars, but I don't know what I should be buying.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT AUTO
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the Sti RSB. Cheap upgrade that makes a nice difference in body roll. I will be ordering the forester specific whiteline FSB very soon.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT MT
395 Posts
So even with the car sittin lower you would be getting the forester specific front sway...that was what I was confused about.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 6MT DCCD (helical)
2,248 Posts
On the whiteline 22mm FSB, are you using the one for an STI or for the Forester. I am trying to figure out which ones I should use now. I am running the same struts and springs as you and I am at the point where I want to replace my sway bars, but I don't know what I should be buying.
Brian (Tyr1),

You are not running the same stuff as this member. You told me you are running WRX spec stuff.
He is running Forester spec stuff. Not the same.

You want swaybars that will fit a 2004 STi. Go to my thread where I answered your question in detail.

Sorry to threadjack!

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
FSB are the same for 07 STI regardless of suspension height unless its extremely modified. 04-06 STI will even fit. There are just subtle differences in the end tab bend between the 2 version.

RSB need STI application if you are lowered even just on Forester specific Swift spring. Forester specific RSB are only for stock height/lifted application. Don't forget that you will need HD RSB mount bracket & lateral link tab need to be reinforced.

·
Registered
04 FXT 5spd
122 Posts
Car looks good man, I'm about to order the exact same shocks, springs, and mounts to put on my red foz haha. But I already have a whiteline rsb and heavy duty mounts :raspberry:

and...

RSB need STI application if you are lowered even just on Forester specific Swift spring. Forester specific RSB are only for stock height/lifted application. Don't forget that you will need HD RSB mount bracket & lateral link tab need to be reinforced.
Not really true on needing an STI specific one, the Forester aftermarket RSBs will work with lowering the car, especially on swifts just fine.

but x2 on HD mounts :rock:

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Hello all, just thought I would throw this pic up of my 04 with forester specific swifts, KYB Excel G struts, KYB strut mounts and 17X7 wheels (42+offset) 225X55 R17s. No fitament issues, smooth install.

Looks great! Let us know if you are still interested in purchasing a trunk brace and fender braces for your vehicle. Keep up the good work. :banana:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT AUTO
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Recieved my fender braces Wednesday. Subtle Fender braces and Trunk braces installed!!! Even better now. I also have your alternator cover. All I need now is your radiator cover. When will the new design be available?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts