Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Would be a cool idea to make a sticker that looks like the JDM Forester Badge???

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • or would be against a copyright law>>>?

Votes: 7 50.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I see a forester while I'm driving, I wonder to myself if they are members of our forum, and a sticker would be the only way to know for sure. I think that that pimp F forester emblem from JDM Forester Badge
[fxt_jdm_badge] at http://www.kastleskorner.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=2362 would be a sweet looking sticker to make like throw it on the front of the car somewhere and throw the subaru owners forum sticker with the url on the back that way if you are in front of a member you would be able to tell from both directions front and the back. + the F sticker could be placed somewhere that other members would know to look for, like say the top left or top right of the wind shield or anywhere for that matter. That's just my 2 cents.

What do you guys think about that???

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
I think copyright?

but then again,

people make knockoff' of the STI stickers

·
Premium Member
2016 2.5i Premium CVT
909 Posts
SenorSubie said:
I think copyright?

but then again,

people make knockoff' of the STI stickers
I agree. Besides, I keep thinking of Ford Thunderbirds when I see that badge. lol

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
OEM for the JDM foresters...

S/TB etc..

umm if your really interested and have some $$

talk to the people at gtrydaz

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that's a site I never would have found - Thanks! Love that grille

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe not to everyones taste but, how difficult do you think it would be to have a light behind the standard Subaru badge so it is lit when running?

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
2,772 Posts
Copyright is not an issue unless you are selling or giving them out.
If you make one (or two) for your own personal use, there are no issues.
I've already made a bunch of custom Subaru T-shirts, but for my wardrobe only.

Now if I wore a shirt that said "Subaru sucks", it would probably bring some legal action (not to mention getting pummeled by the SF.COM membership).

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
274 Posts
"Maybe not to everyones taste but, how difficult do you think it would be to have a light behind the standard Subaru badge so it is lit when running?"

That would be pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Ira (Palatine) has already done it .... after he made the fatal mistake of selling the original , proper 'F' to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .. :)

Steve

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Eurgiez said:
"Maybe not to everyones taste but, how difficult do you think it would be to have a light behind the standard Subaru badge so it is lit when running?"

That would be pretty cool.
lol, talk about an old school mod! Back in the pre-WRX days it was all the rage to light up the Subie badge on your RS... :wink:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Black98 said:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but where did you get that grille? is it OEM?
Actually I have got this grill from someone from this forum :)
He brought it from UK. This is OEM, but black, not red color. But looks great. I love it!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Copyright would be an issue if someone is making them for us. I actually was just talking to a friend who is a graphic artist for a bike manufacturer yesterday about a problem they were having. Someone was printing up the decals and selling them on eBay. Now he is about to get a call from the corporate lawyer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts