Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yep. I checked all the other threads...and I still haven't found what I'm looking for, Bono.

I installed a shock sensor this weekend (took 20 minutes)...after last week's smash and grab, i figured I could use an extra added deterrent. :icon_frown::mad: If anything--someone breaks in again, they'll have the alarm going off in their ears. Maybe a cop rolls by? Yeah right.

Anyway, my question-- I'm taking the car to the dealer tomorrow to activate the sensor ($45). I don't have navie, so I can't adjust the sensitivity myself, will have to tell the dealer where to set it. Does anyone know what number setting it should go on if I want it to sufficiently "warn" but not go off when a Harley goes by? I figure someone with a navie might know. I'd like the sensor to do its job, but I don't want to be that guy, alarm always going off, if you know what I mean. Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for plea for any info. Off to dealer this morning.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
I just had them use the middle or default setting. Since it's a shock sensor and not motion detector it takes a fair amount to set it off. It is a two stage device too so it typically chirps once on the first shock unless it's a huge one.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
stealer only as far as i'm aware.

When the stealer set ours they did do some sensitivity testing, hitting the windshield etc....

dm

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
I believe the device is called a "Select Monitor" to do all the programming and such. An expensive item I would guess. I don't think there is anyway you can do it without one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts