Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK..here is a 2 1/2 month heads up on an auto-x at El Toro naval base...
MARCH 27/28!!!

You dont need much here guys...besides.
*decent tires and brakes/fluid (great way to finish off your current ones and upgrade afterwords)
*helmet (i have spare and guessing there will be loaners?)
*tight lug nuts
*gasoline for your engine to run
*$60-$70 for entree fees

Does this sound like something most of us can handle?:confused:

We could make a mini meet out of this for the enthusiast that want to spectate as well....:Banane35:

We will have a tent/food/drink/chairs/ and hopefully nice weather.

more info here
California Sports Car Club - Solo - SCCA

Participants
1)Preacher (confirmed)
2)Tussen (confirmed)
3)Brad
4)Neoshi
5)
6)
7)
8)

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
I am planning on attending this event.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
My excuses:

1. 500+ miles each way
2. Unemployed
3. Too much fun

Other than that, I'd be there.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
You are pre-enrolled!!! No lag for you...should be interesting!!
No lag and possibly no money! lol i need my tires to last me a little while. have been spending too much on parts lately. not enough going into house fund. :shake:

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
No lag and possibly no money! lol i need my tires to last me a little while. have been spending too much on parts lately. not enough going into house fund. :shake:
I'm tight on cash too! :icon_frown:

Unless JE wants to pay my rent and utilities, I'm tentative as well. Unfortunately, bills come before play and aftermarket parts.

I'll keep this on my calendar and hope things work out.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My excuses:

1. 500+ miles each way
2. Unemployed
3. Too much fun

Other than that, I'd be there.
Greg...you are off the hook...lol. When I flew out of Oakland over the holidays, I did see an auto-x course in one of the airport parking lots....or maybe it was a baggage handlers cone racing coarse.

Leo, come help me install my aluminum lateral links & led's, and I will give you the $60 dollars to enroll.

I'm tight on cash too! :icon_frown:

Unless JE wants to pay my rent and utilities, I'm tentative as well. Unfortunately, bills come before play and aftermarket parts.

I'll keep this on my calendar and hope things work out.
I can let you borrow $60 to enroll...lmk. Or put $10 away for the next 9 weeks, and you will have extra $$ for a nice dinner that night, as you will definitely require a good meal after a day of excitement!!:new_multi:

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Haha the $60 enrollment is no problem. It's the after the event need to purchase new tires! With 200 miles a week and 2/16" (I can see the I and t from In God We Trust left on my KDWs, it wouldn't survive a session of autoX and the rest of the year. Add another zero to the enrollment fee and THAT is what I am trying to avoid for a good while lol

BUT like I said before, it's a possibility. I wouldn't know until later in February.

Oh and the LLs.. got a big breaker bar? I had Jason just do mine with the rest of my suspension but I assume the torque spec is quite high (that or I didn't even have that large of a socket).

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
Haha the $60 enrollment is no problem. It's the after the event need to purchase new tires! With 200 miles a week and 2/16" (I can see the I and t from In God We Trust left on my KDWs, it wouldn't survive a session of autoX and the rest of the year. Add another zero to the enrollment fee and THAT is what I am trying to avoid for a good while lol

BUT like I said before, it's a possibility. I wouldn't know until later in February.
Yeah, it is still a little early to make a 100% dedication right now.

JE - are you going to get new wheels and tires for the event? Or run your 18x9 w/ winter tires?

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Oh and the LLs.. got a big breaker bar? I had Jason just do mine with the rest of my suspension but I assume the torque spec is quite high (that or I didn't even have that large of a socket).
Sounds like you will have some new tires in two months.....:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Yeah, it is still a little early to make a 100% dedication right now.

JE - are you going to get new wheels and tires for the event? Or run your 18x9 w/ winter tires?
This is why I am putting this out over 2 months in advance....excuses are like a*******s we all have them!!!

I have a summer/track set wrapped in re01r's...this would be a great time for you to scrub the nipps off your outer edges ...:icon_wink:

Between the 4 of us..we are bound to have some fun...C"MON!!

Any other foresters in southern califonia that have working brakes, decent tires, and $60-$70 to race your car on a closed/timed course?

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
I just used my right arm for the LL torque specs...they aren't bad.
o_O

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
LOL but you have GUNS chris!

Yeah it was probably that I didn't have that size of socket at that time and just had my suspension all done at once. I think I have it now though with my impact sockets that I just bought at HF.

LL torque: 89 ft-lbs

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Oh crap it's tax season soon NOOoooOOoooo!! Damn I usually have to pay taxes :(

Yeah S-tech do suck :(

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
I wish I lived in SoCal... There's nothing fun to do in NorCal except drift and get in trouble by parking cops =[

And yessss Taxes! That's so gonna help me with my '06 XT car fund!

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Ha that's not true! You just need to come down from the mountains :)

Ironically, we here at the flatlands always climb the mountains with our Subarus for fun. :D

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump for status of ya'lls rides.

Chris looks like he will be tuned and ready by then.

Brad needs some 18" rims, of might have to switch to his A/S...either/or plenty of time on his side.

Leo, you still need tires?

Me...Ready to go, but will prolly put on aluminum lateral links (with chris's help), and get some front pads. Either/Or....I'm ready like instant potatoes.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts