Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FXT-T CVT / 2007 FXT 5MT
1,400 Posts
The valve recall won't affect us in the states it seems as it's for the FB20.

The rear springs one may but I haven't heard anyone having corrosion problems with their springs or failures so I wonder if that's not going to apply to the US market foresters.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5 premium
12 Posts
At least Subaru looks like they will be doing something about it unlike Dodge with their lifter/cam problems in the 5.7 Hemi engines, they won't even acknowledge.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
524 Posts
Lovely. Sounds like they'll have the replace the rear suspension springs on all cars? Definitely not a quick recall fix this time around.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
500 Posts
Appears to affect only certain models with the 2.0 l engines. But we shall see. This is going to be an expensive campaign.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Touring Auto-CVT
274 Posts
Funny, I had to have both rear springs replaced in October because they inexplicably broke. My service manager, on the down low, said there wasn't a recall at the time but he expected one because they were doing so many of these repairs they stopped charging for them.

·
Registered
2017 Outback
113 Posts
I hope the replacement springs are softer. My '15 Limited rides like a small pickup and I'm very disappointed. I switched the stock Yokohama tires to General Altimax R43 and it helped a little but not enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts