Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester Automatic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an '04 Forester 2.5X for winter use, my '03 Vette isn't much good on mountain passes:biggrin:
I've been around forums, Corvette, Fiero, Chevy Colorado(POS blew up) so I'll try to play nice:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x automatic
180 Posts
If you're in snow there, you're gonna love it on mountain passes. Most of my driving is on mountain passes. Probably more sure-footed in snow than any make of vehicle out there. I'm new to Subarus as well, actually, and a fairly recent transplant to the Colorado Rockies from southern California (no snow).

Anyway, enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
2011 2.5 X Premium 4EAT
84 Posts
Welcome! I don't know about mountain passes, but living in the "Snow Belt" south of Buffalo-Foresters are awesome!!! :)

·
Registered
2004 Forester Automatic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should have mentioned that I'm not new to Subaru, I had a '91 Legacy AWD I bought as a program car, new last years model deal. Had it on some treacherous local hills with Portland's wet snow/sleet. It had pretty much had it by 120K and the center diff was going bad. Gained enough seniority at the job to get away with staying home in the worst snow events:banana: so I got a minivan cheap.

Been retired 10 years and messing with V8 Fieros, Corvettes and have a 34 ft motorhome on the coast for the winter, got "trapped" down there the last time the weather turned on me. The Vette has summer performance tires, scary on ice:crazy:

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0 XT 5MT
259 Posts
Awesome! You have the combo of my dreams. I just need the Vette to complete it :icon_biggrin: Unfortunately they are very rare in my country and the few C5s around here are all over $60k usd and they are hideously tuned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts