Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
frist time subaru forester owner. 1999 forester S black diamond peral with slate metallic trim 20,570 miles on it.

bought it thursday infact. glad to find this place nice to meet you all :)

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
576 Posts
Welcome from Montana. Glad to have you here. How did you find one that old with only 20k miles on it? Wow that's awesome. Pix please.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kinda the little old lady story but little old man who got it just to drive back and forth then it sat . ill take pics after i wash, polish, and wax it. was under a car cover but it need a polish and wax bad. but still awesome condition

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
576 Posts
That is so cool. I love hearing real stories about killer finds like that. Enjoy the Suby and congrats.
:bananapartyhat:

Kenny

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Sounds like a great find, but keep in mind parts like the timing belt do deteriorate & should be changed because of the years, even if the miles are low. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,845 Posts
Our '95 Neon Sport, our spare car now, has very low miles, so I had the timing belt changed at 30K miles. It still under 50K miles at 15 years old & is running perfectly! :smile:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
1999 Forester
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when does subie say they should be changed? and the waterpumps ran off the timing belt too right?

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
576 Posts
when does subie say they should be changed? and the waterpumps ran off the timing belt too right?

I think its like 105,000. And change the idlers (you can buy a timing belt kit) as well. They will fail and murder your engine. And while your in there definitely change the water pump. Its well worth it.

Kenny

·
Registered
1999 Forester
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its doing very well for me. i mean the thing was under coated twice it seems XD and the only thing i had to do to it so far is the heat sheild on he cat was rattling. it needs a good wash polish and wax. id also perfur to order or find some of the uber rubber mats thats subie has for it there a spill on one of them but i work in a factory and rubber with hold all the dust and dirt ya know. .

and as for the timing belt ive heard thats something you have to keep up with or might murder then engine XD so thats why i was asking hehe

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
576 Posts
Yeah, I found out the hard way when the bearings seized in one of the idlers and wham! no more engine.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got a few things i might do with it as well been looking at the enkei sestos (gun metal) want to tint the windows and i got a valor dts - 660w waiting to go in. gps blue tooth all that jazz i got for free becouse the wireing harness was missing so i ordered one for 30 bucks XD

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
576 Posts
Tinting is on my list of to do's as well, that and new wheels too. Ive got a new fatter rear sway bar to install and a front strut brace I'm gonna put in this weekend. I also have a new rear spoiler (JDM) I need to mount. I hate the original school bus style one on there now. Soon it will be history though.
:Banane17:

Kenny

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
576 Posts
$90....but I gotta paint it. Still a good deal. I think it will look pretty cool once on.

Kenny

1 - 20 of 21 Posts