Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Another new Subaru owner

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tuned200 
#1 ·
Hey everybody. I'm glad I found this place! After driving two different 2WD Jeep Cherokees for the last 13 years, I got an '08 Forester about two months ago. I absolutely love it. I don't really go off-road, but I need the space and the versatility to haul drums and kayaks (not necessarily at the same time!).

I just got here, so I'll poke around a bit, but if someone has the quick answer to "where is the oil filter and drain plug?", I'd appreciate it! The owner's manual is a bit vague on the subject. Thanks!

#3 ·
A pick of the engine and where the oil filter is, it's right under the arrow. If you have the plastic cover underneath the car still, there's a flap for the oil filter access. Open it and there it will be.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend getting an socket-type oil filter removal tool. They run a couple of dollars at local parts stores. And since the oil drains straight down from the filter threads, rubber gloves.

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Post up a picture of your '08 Forester so the forum members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.