Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my clutch is releasing higher and higher, i figure that i should upgrade it before the new turbo setup so i dont have to worry about slipping while im trying to tune. and then having to retune after i get a new clutch. im pretty set on an act HDSS clutch kit which is about 800 on their website and then buying a new OEM flywheel because i dont want to deal with the annoying problems that come with lightened ones. so anyway.. all that being said. do i really have to spend $1000 to get a new clutch set up? or do you think ill be fine with just an upgraded disc and stock flywheel/pressure plate. the new turbo setup will be vf39 ewg with all the supporting mods tuned to around 270-280whp (hopefully). i know that posts like these never get responses and ive been searching for two hours trying to find myself an answer and im getting tired ahah. so thanks for any help. also, i dont know of anyone who still has a machine to cut flywheels.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
i don't see any problem running the power you're looking for on a stock clutch setup. lots of guys do it here, and nasioc, some are running a lot more hp/tq too.

however...i would say it's more dependent on you and your driving style than anything else. you could burn up that act disk just as fast as a stock clutch depending on how you drive.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahah vinny, you also have 500hp :lol: nothings cheap when you get up there

but i guess ill get a price on a stock clutch today at work. shouldnt be too much for the kit. gotta love stock pricing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts