Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SOLD!
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crazy::lildevil::lol:

1995 Dodge Ram Cummins!!! That's right!!! A generator on 4 wheels!!!

:twisted: Got it a month ago.

:lol: 466 000km (290 000 miles) runs like a top!!!!

Only 1 hour after posession, I already removed the silencer ring!!!

Silencer ring removed!!!

Installation of BHAF (big honking air filter)!!!! Heat shield in the making

This my friends is an intercooler. Not the small one on the right. The one behind it and in front of the rad.

Gage pod installed!!!

Pyro. Drilled into manifold.

Boost. So easy on a Cummins. You just remove a 1/8 NPT nut in the intake manifold and install the provided fitting with the gage.

·
Registered
2001 SOLD!
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
MBC made by Huck_this.

Ball bearing came from my old upper strut bearing, fittings from Home Depot and the spring, well it's top secret.

Seating my bearing in the fitting with my milling vise. Wanted to make sure I had a 100% seal.

Shinny, cold working worked.

1/8-27 NPT and 3/8-24 is close enough. Tapping the fitting for the bolt.

Machined the end of the bolt to hold the spring.

Finished product.

Installed

Having fun in stock form.

After playing with the fueling. Took me an hour to crank up the pump. So easy on these mechanical Cummins up to 98.5 12V engines. 35 p.s.i is reached!!! Boost looks like its's going up slow, but I am already over the speed limit and hitting the de-fueling. It starts to de-fuel at 2100rpms.

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
I have to tell you my favorite Dodge truck story:

My buddy Bob bought a new Power Wagon WAY back when (probably in the 1970's) and drove it until it died, on its death he decided that he wanted to keep it so he put it on a trailer and went to a scrapyard with a crusher.
They cubed it and put it back on his trailer, he went home and unloaded it into his garage with a winch, added a glass top and now he has a really cool coffee table in his garage!
It leaked ugly fluids for a few weeks but he just kept Kitty litter around it until it stopped.

Unclviny

·
Registered
2001 SOLD!
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed my fuel pressure gauge today. It's the one on the lower left. I don't have A/C so I pulled out the vent and shoved in an aluminum plate with a hole in it. The picture doesn't do justice!!! :icon_evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts