Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I'm Ben. I've just bought a Foz with my wife for her DD and I am going to steal it. Starting on our third date I wanted her to trade in her beloved 2001 Hyundai Accident. Finally today it happened.

st165turbos is a good friend of mine. For no reason we hadn't spoken in a few months and I texted him about my quest for an FXT about 2 weeks ago. Great minds think alike.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f108/hello-portland-oregon-76576/

We've built a few SE-Rs together. This one is still mine but 4s.

This is my DD; 2004 Civic Si. With my SE-R gone I'm sure glad to have the Forester. I like it a lot but imo the Slowvic needs ~40hp just to get out of its own way.

I won't front; Total car nut. Will mod Fozzie every time my wife has her back turned and I have two nickels to rub together.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad you found us as well.

As I posted in your friends thread.... sign up to http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f67/official-oregon-forester-owners-list-55942/ and tell Ian he needs to update his list.

Too bad you missed out on this http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f67/pdx-summer-meet-drive-74962/, but I'm sure you will have an opportunity to meet up with some of these members again before long.

Now you can help us out by adding some vehicle info to your Signature. That will help everyone with model specific responses. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick Links, Edit Signature and add info like year/model/transmission to start with.

Hope you hang around and meet some of the members who have made the forum what it is...great.

Cheers
Doug

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

I can't make it today. Fozzy is the only automatic car and my wife cannot (will not) drive stick.

One little thing the car does; the wheel is slightly off center and it wanders a bit. Started doing this on the way home from the dealer ugh. I checked boots/links and did the wheel wobble test for bad bearing... everything seems fine. Checking tire depth this afternoon. Is there a steering rack bushing or something common to look for?

I've been reading a lot on the forums but a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

·
Registered
04' Forester XT
138 Posts
What's up Ben... I know you will enjoy you FSXT... maybe get an alignment to see if you can clear up that slanting to the right...

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,799 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks. I've got them at 34psi all around. Is that correct? Dialed it back to 31

I'm going to check the wear and then probably head over to the Lineup shop on 82nd and Glisan. They do a bang up job and stand behind their work. The did my full coil-over B13 exactly to my specs with no complaints.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's up Ben... I know you will enjoy you FSXT... maybe get an alignment to see if you can clear up that slanting to the right...
I'm going to have to help you mod yours to keep my hands off my wife's DD. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^Thanks.

Pics for nerds :banana:

LOL, got a flat tire today... So I maybe getting some new wheels. lol
That sounds like you. I noticed some bent fins on your intercooler... upgrade it to STi. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks man. Its Brian right? Hey SR20 Brother!

I got scammed by a downpipe group buy 2 years ago on SR20-forum.com and Brian watched.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts