Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Using the great ideas from this forum, I made myself a new lightbar for my 2004 XT. Here are the pics:

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
That's a killer DIY. Well done.
How are the jiggles? I imagine with those mounting points and low-profile design it's pretty sturdy.

·
Registered
2006 Sub OBW LL Bean 3.0R 5EAT
62 Posts
Peobo: Nice job; liked several of your procedures; Romex for one. I continue to look for a mount to put the bottoms of lamps on level with mounts for the license plates.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS 4EAT
126 Posts
Peabo,

Awesome build which inspired me to finally put mine together (had the parts for a while).

My one question is ....how did you bolt to the top underneath the grill? i am looking to add a second mounting point but am unsure as to how you went about this. i attached pics of my new bar and i used the same mounting points on the bottom as you did (lower radiator support) except i backed out the oem bolts and put in 30mm(1.18") bolts for a little extra room on the top for the metal and another bolt.

Thanks!

-N.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
As per the notes in the first pic, it looks as if he epoxied some nuts to the underside if the front bumper (metal part)

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS 4EAT
126 Posts
As per the notes in the first pic, it looks as if he epoxied some nuts to the underside if the front bumper (metal part)
Yea i got that but i was just curious as to how he actually got the nuts under that because you cant actually get to the location directly under the hole where the plastic plug is due to a metal lip on the back of the bumper beam thats probably about 3/4 of an inch then steps up an a bit before going under the plastic bumper cover. There is a very small gap between the beam and this top piece of metal and not enough to get a nut under and up to the location of the hole. Im away from my car at the moment or else i would get a pic....

If you look at his 6th picture down from the top you can see the lip im speaking of... its between the plastic pumper cover and the lower radiator bolt hole that he is pointing out and runs the length of the bumper it appears.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts