Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
7 May 2010 we traded our 2004 Sienna XLE, and bought a 2010 Dark Gray Metallic XT Limited w/Nav. It was meant to be my wife's car. Turns out, I liked it as much as she did... 17 May 2010, I took delivery of my 2010 Dark Gray Metallic XT Limited w/Nav. Traded my 2007 Mazda3 GT hatch.

My Mazda3 had mild modifications (Mazdaspeed3 rear spoiler - Mazdaspeed3 exhaust, Mazdaspeed springs-shocks-rear camber links- Orion amp, Alpine 10" sub, LED rear plate and interior lighting - 18" Mazda CX7 wheels w/Kuhmo tires). I'm sure that I won't go that far with the Forester, though.

So here's where our Journal begins. I'll refer to our Forester's modifications as His & Hers.

Exterior
- body side molding (hers) Completed
- body side molding (his) Completed Post #26
- Subaru Medallions (his & hers) Completed Post #49

Interior
- Cargo Organizer (hers)
- Sunroof tinted 20% (his) Completed
- Sunroof tint 20% (hers) Completed
- Auto dimming Compass Mirror install (hers) Completed
- Install cargo net (his & hers) driver's side Completed Post #69

Electronics
- iPod Integration Kit (his) Completed Post #25
- Upgrade front and rear door speakers Completed Post #35
* Front - Polk Audio db6501 component set
* Rear - Polk Audio db651s coax
- Install RAAMmat BXT II and Ensolite
- Install subwoofer

·
Registered
2012 Toyota Prius CVT
185 Posts
Congrats on the XTs. Have fun with them. Every time that I decide to stop modding, I buy something else. Once a modder always a modder.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
Hahaha. No, you'll go further.......trust us.
Congrats on the XTs. Have fun with them. Every time that I decide to stop modding, I buy something else. Once a modder always a modder.
they are right. I bought my car previously modded and didn't need to mod it. 335hp on 93 octane and 411 on 109 octane. now after almost 2 years it makes 430 on 93 and 495 on c16.

but enjoy them stock until the bug bites

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,123 Posts
:banana::Banane17::Banane08:

That is so awesome! 10 days later and you had to have one of your own! Wow, the same color though? I have joked with my wife about getting one, but she'd have to have a different color than mine.

·
Registered
2009 X Limited
141 Posts

That is so awesome! 10 days later and you had to have one of your own! Wow, the same color though? I have joked with my wife about getting one, but she'd have to have a different color than mine.
Definitely gotta customize them, otherwise you won't know which belongs to who. :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, I thought I'd stop after a couple mods, but it's a slippery-slope... you have been warned! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2010 Forester
15 Posts
Look into modifying your interior lights

I changed the 2 map lights, the dome and the cargo light from warm yellow to cool blue lights. It much brighter and has a nicer effect.
Welcome to this forum.

KC
2010 XT Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

·
Registered
2010 Forester
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL you guys are funny. Your all are probably right, although, I don't think that I'll do any performance (suspension, or exhaust) modifications. I will probably add a less restrictive air filter.

I'm already thinking about how I can make the audio sound better in a stealth way.

I really appreciate the fact that Subaru accessories/upgrades include instructions that are available even before you purchase the item.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Actually, when I told my wife that I was interested in getting one, she really liked the idea of having "twins". :) We will celebrate 24 years of marriage this October. We're very close and spend a lot of time together. We work at the same agency and have lunch together many days.

Our youngest child is about to enter college. We're moving on to a new frontiers. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2010 Forester
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I changed the 2 map lights, the dome and the cargo light from warm yellow to cool blue lights. It much brighter and has a nicer effect.
Welcome to this forum.

KC
2010 XT Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl
Did you use LEDs? I do prefer the LEDs to the incandescent bulbs. I will probably do that too. The list is growing.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome! :lol:

Thanks

:biggrin:

You're right. It's a disease. :icon_eek:

Definitely gotta customize them, otherwise you won't know which belongs to who. :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, I'm going to begin with the key fobs. It's already confusing.

Yeah, I thought I'd stop after a couple mods, but it's a slippery-slope... you have been warned! :biggrin:
I feel myself sliding already. :icon_razz:

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
Lucky Dog, Lucky Dog, Lucky Lucky Dog Dog. Two, count 'em, two brand new XT's. I'm officially jealous.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2012 Toyota Prius CVT
185 Posts
Whoa!!! That is some serious power. I'll have to take a look at your journal.
Ha, don't look at journals, they are too cool and cause serious modding thoughts. I say this as I grab my credit card to buy my STI steering rack and bushings.

BTW, Firefly is the best Scifi series ever (yes I am a geek). Like the avatar. :rock:

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
Germantown, huh? Right down the street from me! Some of our friends just bought a new house down there.

Two of the exact same car, same color and everything? Do you just leave both sets of keys on the counter and grab whichever set you come to first?

Reminds me of cars way-back when. All the keys were the same, so you could just take the closest one!

·
Registered
2010 Forester
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ha, don't look at journals, they are too cool and cause serious modding thoughts. I say this as I grab my credit card to buy my STI steering rack and bushings.

BTW, Firefly is the best Scifi series ever (yes I am a geek). Like the avatar. :rock:
Indeed! I didn't know anything about Firefly when it was on Fox. I learned of the series after seeing the movie Serenity. Then I went out and bought the TV Series on DVD. Probably my favorite series.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts