Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, we went on a drive and photography expedition. Here's some of the results:

Bolinas Ridge Road - in the fog

Waterfall on Fairfax-Bolinas Road

random grove of trees - almost got us in the picture before the ranger came along.

Tule Elk convention - deciding what to have for lunch

Driving into the ocean

Following the leader

Enjoying the flowers, sunshine and other plants <wink>

Couple of bold black crows - were squawking to make us leave

Rancho Nicasio for late lunch

We had a BLAST - even though we cruised and didn't have to fly down the roads to have fun.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
Yeah them purdy lil flowers surrounding me.. and whatever else our GREAT Mother Nature has given to us.. :) BEST Day!!! Awesome Drive Roo, Silke and Dustin I had a blast. Look forward to the next!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
Funnest day in a long time... thanks for showing up, even though it looked like the weather could've turned out different. In the end, Mother nature played along and the wildlife of the upper Pt. Reyes peninsula put on a show for us!

The park ranger was onto our photographic efforts, I think, but Roo did an excellent job by distracting him with touristy questions. He even thought as far as to switch out his CF card in case The Man asked to have a look at what we'd been up to. Classic! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Funnest day in a long time... thanks for showing up, even though it looked like the weather could've turned out different. In the end, Mother nature played along and the wildlife of the upper Pt. Reyes peninsula put on a show for us!

The park ranger was onto our photographic efforts, I think, but Roo did an excellent job by distracting him with touristy questions. He even thought as far as to switch out his CF card in case The Man asked to have a look at what we'd been up to. Classic! :lol:
Fill us in...what is the problem with taking pictures?

·
Administrator
30,105 Posts
Fill us in...what is the problem with taking pictures?
Well, that particular grove of cypress trees in the b/w picture is one of the most famous/photographed features at Pt. Reyes Nat'l Seashore. It's also the driveway to the North District HQ of the park. Unfortunately there are rules regarding photography that prohibit "commercial" shoots within Nat'l Park boundaries without a proper permit, and any shoot involving camera gear fancier than your average point-and-shoot is considered commercial by the park rangers (because of people selling prints of their images). The fines are pretty steep - think 4 digits- so we had to move quickly and make the photo gear disappear. Bummer too, because we had just arranged the three cars to our liking and finished setting up the camera when The Man appeared on the scene!

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
WooHoo....Love those pictures, thank you.

Eric, x Bay area resident, born in Oakland

·
Administrator
30,105 Posts
A few more from yesterday's outing...

And the only image we got to snap with all three Subies lined up under the trees before the ranger showed up...

·
Registered
'06 Forester XT
41 Posts
Oh Man! Wish I could have been there! Looks like a perfect Norcal Day! Oh and also since I now work for the Man, It seems that no matter what "herbs" you are legaly admiring in Cali, they are still considered not so much on National lands. (National Parks and National Forests) Even if you have a doctors note! Kinda lame but it seems the Man dosen't agree with the admiration of our emerald triangle! Great Pics!
Can you believe that the population of California Tule Elk has been traced back to as few as 4 individuals? That means that every Tule Elk you see in the world is from thoes 4 animals! They were hunted nearly extinct during the Gold Rush! There were Millions of them b4 that! Were considered the Bison of California! Can You imagine? Millions of them covering the valley floors?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts