Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been lurking and searching and posting and asking for the past couple months here, but it is finally time to get my install under way. Here is the list.

The Stuff:
Head Unit: Clarion DUZ385SAT (Ordered from SonicElectronix)
Fronts: MB Quart DSH 216 components
Amps: Soundstream Di475.1 (Ordered from SonicElectronix) & MB Quart DSC 2150
Subwoofers: 2 Kicker 07cvr82's (Ordered from SonicElectronix)
Other materials: Sea-Scooby Sub kits for driver and passenger side, Sea-Scooby front door spacers, RaaMat, Ensolite, spray adhesive and poly-fill. (Have all of this sitting at home, just need time to rip out trim in rear hatch and get everything done in there)

The Install: (no pics now as I forgot to take them initially, but I will document all this stuff when I install the next couple peices of equipment)
I got started about a week ago and my first step was a little prep work. I ran my power wire from the battery which was very easy to do using the empty grommet just below the brake and clutch master cylinders. I removed some trime peices to run the power wire under the carpet right at the door sill and then out through the hole at the seat belt anchor and under the driver seat where I will be installing the Soundstream amp.

Next I began RaaMating the front doors. This was my first time doing sound deadening, but I think it went pretty well. I did not add ensolite to the front doors yet as I still have to install the new speakers and possibly crossovers (haven't decided if these will go on the doors or under the seat with the amp). The rear doors are all buttoned up with RaaMat and Ensolite. A few things I learned and tips: the spray adhesive from Rick at RaaMat produces some light fumes, be sure to ventilate your car for a couple hours after you are done. I'm not sure how other folks have gone about the process of adhering ensolite, but since it was my first time and I was doing this by myself I decided the best way was to use some clips (houselhold type, like for a bag of chips) to clip the ensolite to the top of the door as I trimmed for fit. I used the clips to hold the ensolite in place while I sprayed the adhesive doing the top half first, making sure it was properly in place and then moving on to the bottom half. Again, no pictures of this process, but I will make sure to get some when I finish the front doors.

That's all I have done for now. The HU and Subs were ordered from Sonicelectronix.com this weekend and will hopefully be here by the end of the week. So installation of the HU and Sub kits with subwoofer should start pretty soon. I will update this thread as I move a long in the install.

This post would not be complete without thanking all the people that have answered questions, provided links and have shared their information and techniques on this website. Thanks to all of you!:Banane35:

·
Registered
2007 Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I haven't been able to update this thread yet. I ordered some of the peices from SonicElectronix.com several days ago and there was an issue with processing my order. Their customer service was very easy to deal with and accomodating so the order should arrive tomorrow. I might go ahead and install the HU quickly, or wait until I have enough time tear out the hatch and put the RaaMat and kickers in there. Regardless, pictures will come when I do update!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts