Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of my install typing this in the back of the foz. I'm installing 2 Kicker 07cvr82's (DVC- 2 ohm) with a Soundstream Di475.1. This is my first time using DVC's and I'm using Sea-scooby's install kit so I want to make sure I get this right before I raamat everything. I have included an image (at least i think i have) from Crutchfield. Is this how I need to be wiring my setup.

Thanks for your help. And Chris is the man, have been going for about 4 hours now with no snags! Movin right along!

Here is the URL for that image if it doesnt work- http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
111 Posts
In the middle of my install typing this in the back of the foz. I'm installing 2 Kicker 07cvr82's (DVC- 2 ohm) with a Soundstream Di475.1. This is my first time using DVC's and I'm using Sea-scooby's install kit so I want to make sure I get this right before I raamat everything. I have included an image (at least i think i have) from Crutchfield. Is this how I need to be wiring my setup.

Thanks for your help. And Chris is the man, have been going for about 4 hours now with no snags! Movin right along!

Here is the URL for that image if it doesnt work- http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg
Looks like they put it in a series - parallel configuration. 2 ohm v.coil + 2 ohm v.coil equaling 4 ohm for each sub (series). Then wiring the two subs from there in parallel at 4 ohm parallel 4 ohm equaling 2 ohm. Then just bridging the sub (usually plus side of one channel and minus side on the other channel). Looks correct to me.

·
Registered
2007 Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, a follow up question. I am running speaker wire from amp, to terminals mounted on the install kit, to the speaker terminals themselves. In order to wire in correct series/parallel, do I have to connect at the speakers terminal, or can I connect at the terminal mounted on mdf?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
111 Posts
Also, a follow up question. I am running speaker wire from amp, to terminals mounted on the install kit, to the speaker terminals themselves. In order to wire in correct series/parallel, do I have to connect at the speakers terminal, or can I connect at the terminal mounted on mdf?

Thanks!
Got a picture? Not sure what you mean. If you live anywhere close to powhite and courthouse road, I would be happy to check it out.

That being said; If the subs are already in the box and are wired internally to a terminal cup mounted to the box and you know how they are wired, then you could do the wiring at the terminal cup if that is what you are asking. Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts