Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random thought on my first Amazon purchase. It was a subscription renewal for Sport Compact Car in 2006... :thumbsup:

And since it looks like I wasn't quite sold on Amazon at the time, no more purchases until 2010. :laugh:

What was your first purchase?

·
Super Moderator
35,447 Posts
My first Amazon purchase was on March 3, 2005. Fellowes horizontal CD Rack, 22 CDs, 5 13/16in. x 11 3/4in. x 5 1/8in., platinum color.

These are now "unobtainium"! Excellent quality, we must have a dozen of these spread throughout the house!

I write a lot of Amazon product reviews, but it appears I never wrote one on these? :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotta love the randomness of Amazon's algorithms...

My wife had this come across her suggested items last night... One thing is definitely not like the other. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
35,447 Posts
@subiesubieDOOO I recommend checking out Amazon prices. I refuse to pay for "Amazon Prime", saving my purchases until I qualify for the free shipping. This actually prevents me from buying too much stuff I don't need! :biggrin:

I search the internet for the best prices & many times, find myself back on Amazon! :icon_eek:

In addition, I really like the Amazon customer product review, which are a great way to decide if a product is worth buying! I've written hundreds of product reviews. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
30 Posts
2002 for us and still my first shopping choice. My wife had a Mercedes SLK 320 for years and Amazon at that time was 50% or more below any other vendor for replacement parts. They don't seem to carry the same variety of parts for Subaru.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Appropriately enough: an austin-healey restoration guide. Sadly: car is no longer in the family.

I’m a reluctant amazon devotee. I dislike giving my CC info to a gazillion different vendors, and being a super busy person: amazon saves me a ton of time. That said: I despise the often insanely wasteful packaging, and the harm that they do to so many wonderful small businesses that make a town thrive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Christmas 2001; none of my purchases arrived and I had to scramble on Christmas Eve to do all my shopping. Didn't buy another thing off Amazon for 10 years after that. Now it is woven into my life.

May have been 2002

·
Registered
768 Posts
Cool thread! Going into my history the earliest purchase shown is this here....I remember buying it wanting to have my GF at the time watch it - she dug it. If you like horror flicks it's definitely worth a watch - back in the day the CHUDs kept me up at night for a few months after watching this.

Also has a younger Daniel Stern quoting Grateful Dead tunes!...."It's a buck dancer's choice my friend!"

·
Registered
51 Posts
^^^
I may be all mixed up, the first purchase on her account was a Wallace and Gromit DVD order on Dec. 10, 2000 and returned on February 4th, 2001. That would have been a gift I ordered for my brother. Then zero orders until 2011.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts