Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was bored this weekend... so I wrote an Amazon Alexa skill for Subaru Torque settings.

I haven't released it for certification yet, but I need some beta-testers. If you have any device running Alexa (e.g Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, Echo Show...), and want to play - PM me know your Alexa username and I'll add you to the private testing list.

What does it do?

Ask it about a bolt or fastener, and it'll give you the torque setting for it (head bolts excepted; they're too specialized, with all the preload, turn 180 degree, specific patterns)

Why does it do it?

I work in my garage with a Echo running to play music. I usually work with the FSM nearby, but sometimes I just want a quick lookup on a torque spec... and nobody else had written it (the universe is "People who have Amazon devices in their garages", plus "Subaru Owners", plus "Work on cars" - a pretty small list!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
kpdirection
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing