Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently that corn starch de-icer has been used out here in the Pacific NW. It will absolutely murder rims. It causes a nasty build up of a dirt like glue that up until my recent discovery could only be removed after painstaking polishing with a light abrasive.

Enter Turtle Wax's "Ice - Wheel and Tire Cleaner". I will never use another wheel cleaning product after using this. I half expected it to do diddly crap given that nothing else really worked at getting that pitted dirt and grime off. Almost instantly after spraying it on my rims the build up broke up and washed off...

Seriously I swear by this stuff and have the guys at the local tire / rim shop swearing by it too. It's absolutely amazing, get some, save yourself allot of time and effort.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Humm, its been unseasonably warm this winter here in the Pacific NW. Not much de-icer has been put down. I'll see what I can do though. I plan on washing the car today, even though sideways rain is due for tomorrow.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UGH, you are right, it's called "Ice - Wheel and Tire Cleaner"

I've corrected my original post for posterity. I didn't snap any pics while cleaning my car today. I was too tired to go the whole 9 yards on the rims.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,892 Posts
I used Ice today in the changeover from snows to all-seasons. Good stuff! Costs about 2x the competition, but well worth it.

The chemicals in it are pretty potent. I'd recommend rubber gloves and safety glasses.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
I use a couple other products in the ICE line and love them, the car wash and quick wax detailing stuff is just awesome. Haven't tried the wheel cleaner yet but may have to now.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,703 Posts
I've been thinking of buying a clay bar kit for mine. My local Canadian Tire has the Turtle Wax Ice clay bar kit priced at 5 bucks cheaper than both Mother's and Meguire's. Is it as good as those or not?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts