Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself listening to AM radio less frequently because the audio quality of the AM radio is so poor in my 2018 Limited. I have the 7.0" head unit that came standard on the Premium and Limited trims in 2018. FM, Sirius/XM and CD's all sound good but AM radio sounds terrible compared to my 2010 Forester, 2019 Crosstrek and any other car I have driven. The sound on AM is just plain flat with no bass or presence whatsoever no matter how I adjust the equalizer and what AM station I am listening to. This leads me to believe that there may be something wrong with the head unit. Before I pursue a warranty claim with the dealer, can someone with a 2018 Limited or Premium tell me what your AM radio sounds like. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester Touring CVT
91 Posts
I've noticed that the AM is pretty terrible, too, except when the AM station has an HD signal. Regardless of the three tone control setting, it's flat just as you mentioned and then as the digital HD signal engages, it become listenable. I had this in my last car, too. The non-HD AM stations sounded like crap. It's the radio, not the station.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts