Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
Joined
·
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that didnt know the website's address was changed from .com to .org. ive been pissed off for over a week now but im happy again
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
226 Posts
Hmm. This comment made me think of something -- something that you computer types probably already thought of; but, just in case, here goes.

I have a couple of web sites hosted by my ISP. I registered the domain names with Register.com (or someone like that), and then I did some monkey work on the Register site to give control of those names to my ISP.

It seems like you folks could go to wherever SF.com was registered and change the control of that domain name to your new computer site (or ISP or whatever), and then alias SF.com to SF.org. Then people who come looking for the old name will find the new name. (Of course, they'll still need an expanation of where the knowledge base went.)

Like I said, you probably thought of this already, but just in case...

HPH
 

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
Joined
·
29,449 Posts
DrCloud said:
It seems like you folks could go to wherever SF.com was registered and change the control of that domain name to your new computer site (or ISP or whatever), and then alias SF.com to SF.org. Then people who come looking for the old name will find the new name. (Of course, they'll still need an expanation of where the knowledge base went.)
That would be a novel idea, but unfortunately we never owned sf.com, so we have no control over the site. If we could buy out the old domain name, we would simply point it to the new site, but the current owner evidently does not want to part with it. :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
226 Posts
Oh. Right. :oops:

That owner Roo discussed is the one who has control of the control. He could do the aliasing, of course (and I guess you'd think he'd want to). Sorry. HPH
 

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
pleiad7 said:
DrCloud said:
It seems like you folks could go to wherever SF.com was registered and change the control of that domain name to your new computer site (or ISP or whatever), and then alias SF.com to SF.org. Then people who come looking for the old name will find the new name. (Of course, they'll still need an expanation of where the knowledge base went.)
That would be a novel idea, but unfortunately we never owned sf.com, so we have no control over the site. If we could buy out the old domain name, we would simply point it to the new site, but the current owner evidently does not want to part with it. :(
It seems that subaruforester.com now resolves to subaruforester.org. Did Roo get the .com domain? Should we expect to see the old site back sometime soon?
 

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
Joined
·
5,714 Posts
TAGXT04 said:
pleiad7 said:
DrCloud said:
It seems like you folks could go to wherever SF.com was registered and change the control of that domain name to your new computer site (or ISP or whatever), and then alias SF.com to SF.org. Then people who come looking for the old name will find the new name. (Of course, they'll still need an expanation of where the knowledge base went.)
That would be a novel idea, but unfortunately we never owned sf.com, so we have no control over the site. If we could buy out the old domain name, we would simply point it to the new site, but the current owner evidently does not want to part with it. :(
It seems that subaruforester.com now resolves to subaruforester.org. Did Roo get the .com domain? Should we expect to see the old site back sometime soon?
Not to put pressure on our operatives, but the fate of our database depends on how successful the operative is in achieving the directives.

8) 8)
 

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Hey everybody! Glad the site is back to biz once again.

I would like to use this opportunity to give a shout out to Pleiad7, for helpful info regarding reflashing & Vishnu/Gruppe-S.
 

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
Joined
·
29,449 Posts
SKSTI said:
I would like to use this opportunity to give a shout out to Pleiad7, for helpful info regarding reflashing & Vishnu/Gruppe-S.
Glad I could help... :)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top