Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
none none
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 06 Forester Premium in 2006 and it was my first Subaru. In 2007, I swapped it for an 07 XT Sport. When we had the big gas crunch and just before you couldn't get premium fuel here in the SE I swapped it for an 09 Vibe which I paid off in 6 months. While the Vibe is a decent car with the 2.4 engine and has great fuel economy thanks to the 5 spd auto, I'm having Subaru withdrawals.

So far the best deal I've found is a 2004 XT 4EAT (non-premium) for $10,790. It has 94k miles on it so the timing belt would be due within a year or so. Am I nuts for considering swapping the Vibe with 20k miles for this XT with pretty high miles?

·
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,471 Posts
I bought a beater 99 and my wife fell in love with it. We sold her 06 Sorento with 30k miles and bought her an 04 with 93k on it. It has more miles, but it makes my wife smile every time she drives it. (And she doesn't drive mine anymore.) These things are a blast to drive!

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
I bought an 06 Forester Premium in 2006 and it was my first Subaru. In 2007, I swapped it for an 07 XT Sport. When we had the big gas crunch and just before you couldn't get premium fuel here in the SE I swapped it for an 09 Vibe which I paid off in 6 months. While the Vibe is a decent car with the 2.4 engine and has great fuel economy thanks to the 5 spd auto, I'm having Subaru withdrawals.

So far the best deal I've found is a 2004 XT 4EAT (non-premium) for $10,790. It has 94k miles on it so the timing belt would be due within a year or so. Am I nuts for considering swapping the Vibe with 20k miles for this XT with pretty high miles?
Head says yes, heart says no. Follow your heart - you only live once.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
I kept a 2004 Toyota Camry for three years and 57K while HATING the car for almost the entire time until I finally said -SCREW IT- what sum of money I lost was more than made up by the joy of driving a vehicle I actually liked-an '05 Element 5 speed-which I traded in on my '09 Foz and am even happier!

Go for it if it feels right to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.