Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 wrx
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I succesfully swap the clutch and brake aluminum pedals from my 02 wrx to my 07 fxt.

Brake and clutch pedal (max total time spent 15 minutes)
You can use the 02-07 wrx or sti pedal covers (around 20 bux each new)

removing the old rubber pedal covers is very easy by using a flat screw driver to pry it free from the back (no screws or nuts)

installing the new one is not hard either just take your time and make sure the new cover sit firmly ( start from bottom part of the pedal to the top)

I am still working on the accelerator pedal but it seems the 06-07 wrx accelerator pedal ( aka accelerator pedal travel sensor) seem promising to work with your 06-08 fxt. Well looks like the mounting and the sensor connector is same. I just order my accelerator pedal i will update once i install it.

Another option to the accelerator pedal is to use the 02-05 wrx accelerator pedal cover which is cheap and grind the plastic backing plate out and screw it to your existing acceletor pedal.

sorry I don't have any pics my camera broke. I hope i full fill someone dream of having a better looking pedal for their forester.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
How long did it take you to put the clutch/brake pedal on? I tried an hour last night, but the lip at the top just wouldn't go over the pedal on the car. The rubbers are really stiff...

I'm going to try and heat them up tonight and see.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Get your self a glass with real hot water & let them soak in it for about 10 minutes. Thats how I did mine. As far as the gas pedal on my 04 it was a straight swap. Pull the 2 10mm nuts, unplug old & install new in reverse.

joe r

1 - 3 of 3 Posts