Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5X Prem
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went and test drove the forester and the CRV yesterday they both drive about the same and the prices on them where close but the forester had the special edition package mats, bumper cover,luggage cover and the crv was plan stock lx . Well the subaru dealer says $22903 and will give me $12500 for my trade which is about as good as you can get for a 08 civic lx. The honda dealer says $22300 and 11330 or something close(i do not have the paper with me right now) and he has all the forms ready. So i had to go home to get a insurance price on the two but i have not heard back yet. But when i got home i noticed the crv was FWD so think i am getting the forester. The subaru dealer has two base foresters with auto a blue on and a dark grey one i test drove the blue one and noticed a small scratch on the rear corner and the dealer said he would fix it should i buy a new car with a scratch?

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring (CDN) CVT
123 Posts
if a small scratch is the only thing holding you back, buy it! all vehicles will develop scratches sooner than later (it always seems sooner, at least), and if the dealer's prep department is anywhere's half-decent they should be able to clear it up for ya.

From there, it depends on your needs and wants. you'll probably get a better highway ride with the CRV and better gas mileage (I think), but the Subaru is better on functionality (All the time AWD, higher safety ratings, and more usable rear storage area), plus you might find a few of us here are a little bit biased towards the Subie.. We're nicer than those old Fenry Hondas!

Let us know what you decide, and if you are going with the Foz, be sure to post some pics!

·
Registered
2010 Forester Limited
16 Posts
I also narrowed my choices to Forester vs CR-V. Being a happy CR-V owner for 13 years, I was expecting to get another one. Are you sure the driving experience was similar? For me, there was really no comparison. The Forester has a much smoother, quieter ride, IMO. On my test drives (I did many), I thought the Forester out drove the CR-V hands down. My affinity for Honda and my old CR-V...and the 5-speed AT...were the only things keeping the CR-V in the decision. Ultimately, we picked the Forester and I've never looked back

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5X Prem
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to call the honda dealer and ask him why he priced a fwd when i clearly asked about the awd. I did not even know they made a fwd crv. If they do not at least match what subaru will they can keep the crv. Also how hard is it to get good deals on accessories from the dealers? I would like fog lights and cargo tray.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT 4EAT
234 Posts
I have to call the honda dealer and ask him why he priced a fwd when i clearly asked about the awd. I did not even know they made a fwd crv. If they do not at least match what subaru will they can keep the crv. Also how hard is it to get good deals on accessories from the dealers? I would like fog lights and cargo tray.
If that's what you want on your future vehicle tell them! It's your money and not theirs. Make them make you value the vehicle. Those add-ons are (in the end) minuscule amounts of money for the dealer and they should be willing to, at the very least, drop a free cargo tray in the deal for ya. You wont know until you ask though. Good Luck and definitely let us know how it all ends!

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5X Prem
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so i made a internet offer on a 2.5x premium of 23k and they said they would take it does this sound like a good deal? This is a larger dealer in Madison which is 100 miles away. Is there much difference in the 2.5x and the 2.5 x premium?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok so i made a internet offer on a 2.5x premium of 23k and they said they would take it does this sound like a good deal? This is a larger dealer in Madison which is 100 miles away. Is there much difference in the 2.5x and the 2.5 x premium?
Yes, ask for the invoice on the car with options.

Mine 2.5X Premium - All Wealther

I got mine for $22,300 w/ All Weather Package + (P9J ) REAR BUMPER COVER +
(P9A ) SPLASH GUARD KIT + (K9B ) AUTO-DIMMING MIRROR W/COMPASS + (B8A ) ALL WEATHER FLOOR MATS

Out the door for Virginia = $23,100 after tax, tags, and registration.

I also got free oil change for life.

*My Sub had a small scratch above the door handle and they gave me a "We Owe You Slip" that I can take it in at anytime to fix/buff out the scratch for free.

**I also got 1.9% for 48 months

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
34 Posts
Like rawilson, I owned both a '98 and an '02 CR-V so when it came time to replace the '02 I just assumed I'd get another one--but no.

The interior on the CR-V seems a little higher end than the Forester, but that's where the advantage stopped for me. #1, I didn't fit on the CR-V nearly as well (the center console pushed hard on my right leg); #2, less haul and tote room in back; #3, love the massive sunroof in the Forester (except I do miss the tilt feature); #4, the AWD sustem in the Subaru is far superior--I hated the delay in the rear wheels kicking in on the CRV; and #4, both of my CR-Vs were just too damn slow (yes, I got an XT, but I was looking at the full-boat CR-V EX-L and there really wasn't that much difference in price there either).

They're both very good cars and you can't go wrong with either one, but it was a no-brainer for me.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5X Prem
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So i am home with my new forester its a silver 2.5x premium all weather with Aero Cross Bars
Auto-Dim Mirror Compass
Black Cargo Tray
Luggage Compartment Cover
Popular Equipment Group 1B
Rear Bumper Cover
Splash Guard Kit
All Weather Floor Mats

·
Registered
57 Posts
So i am home with my new forester its a silver 2.5x premium all weather with Aero Cross Bars
Auto-Dim Mirror Compass
Black Cargo Tray
Luggage Compartment Cover
Popular Equipment Group 1B
Rear Bumper Cover
Splash Guard Kit
All Weather Floor Mats
Congrats! I'm looking to get almost the same options.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5X Prem
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am happy with the forester i originally was looking at the base model locally but Don Miller Subaru was more willing to deal with on price. I want fog lights but they did not have any on the ones i saw. The puddle lights look cool too i would like to see pics of them at night.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts