Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for not long ago I was driving to work. speed limit is around 30MPH so it's not very much but there is ice on the road.
Anyway there is a road comming down to the mainroad but whoever comes down there has to yield for everyone else on the mainroad.
Well I was comming close and suddenly there comes down a car at too great speed and did not managed to stop before he had blocked my whole driving field.
The other side of the road is for opposite going cars.
So since this was way too close for me to have any chance of breaking up for him and the car comming on the opposite direction was not too close I breaked and turned around the car in panick. I think I had around 0.5meter clearing from his front corner at the time. Too bad I did not have time to stop and talk to the guy. First of he's supposed to stop. Second, we still got winter, going downhill too fast is stupid.

·
Registered
2017 Limited
1,018 Posts
So for not long ago I was driving to work. speed limit is around 30MPH so it's not very much but there is ice on the road.
Anyway there is a road comming down to the mainroad but whoever comes down there has to yield for everyone else on the mainroad.
Well I was comming close and suddenly there comes down a car at too great speed and did not managed to stop before he had blocked my whole driving field.
The other side of the road is for opposite going cars.
So since this was way too close for me to have any chance of breaking up for him and the car comming on the opposite direction was not too close I breaked and turned around the car in panick. I think I had around 0.5meter clearing from his front corner at the time. Too bad I did not have time to stop and talk to the guy. First of he's supposed to stop. Second, we still got winter, going downhill too fast is stupid.
This may have been an instance where studded tires may have helped. Maybe they are not allowed in Norway though?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have studded tires. Nokian hakka 5. What the other guy had I don't have a clue. For what it's worth I think my car handled great for that maneuver I had to do. By the time I noticed him it was too close for me to be able to stop in time to avoid collision.

·
Premium Member
04 Acura TSX the slick 6 speed
2,395 Posts
Glad you're OK. About 2 weeks ago I had a similar situation, I almost thought it was all over, but the other car stopped just about 10 feet from me. Makes you think.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
You don't slide because of snow or ice, you slide because you're driving too fast for the conditions...
... Yes this is true. I Was driving the speed limit, which I thought was appropriate as it had just started snowing and I've never had problems like that before. It was just warmer than usual so the snow was more of a slush underneath. Needless to say I did slow down after that incident.

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,541 Posts
I think it's your fault anyways lol.
Not a very cool reaction towards another forum member, even if it was meant as a joke...
And for your RL info, it's only the UK that drives on the left in Europe...

Glad you're ok Elmy!

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey chill everyone and thx. I'm also happy I'm ok :icon_cool:
Real Lyte is a friend. He haven't said anything wrong :biggrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts