Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a farm... THE farm.
Close call for sure, here's what went down.
5:30 Am last Monday morning, still dark, driving on the BQE in Brooklyn NY heading over the Kosciuszko Bridge going about 50-55 mph, and I see the left side of the suv in front of me bump up a little and some sparks fly. I thought oh crap he ran over something, next thing I see is a big ( 3' ) piece of 4" angle iron in the air and heading for my head or me heading toward it. I tap the brakes enough so instead of it coming through the windshield, it hits the front of the hood (where it meets the grill) , it does a flip and comes at my head but hits the hood again right in front of my face, flips a second time but over the winshield and over the rest of the car. How it did not go into my thick skull I will never know, freaked me out being in that spot ... at that time... on that day. Even if stopped that morning to pet the cat or had to quick run back in the house for something I forgot, I would never had been there, at that particular spot, at that particular time.
Some body up there likes me... and me them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Forester2.5 Touring CVT
9 Posts
... at that time... on that day. Even if stopped that morning to pet the cat or had to quick run back in the house for something I forgot, I would never had been there, at that particular spot, at that particular time.
I am glad you are ok. While I understand your thoughts about the time and location coincindence, there is a fallacy in that: If you H A D stopped to pet the cat, you would have avoided the angle iron. Instead, you would have gotten hit by the semi that blew a front tire and swerved into your lane...or...or.. or...

Some things are entirely outside of our control.

·
Registered
2011 Forester Auto
225 Posts
I am glad you are ok. While I understand your thoughts about the time and location coincindence, there is a fallacy in that: If you H A D stopped to pet the cat, you would have avoided the angle iron. Instead, you would have gotten hit by the semi that blew a front tire and swerved into your lane...or...or.. or...

Or that load a crane was hauling that was correctly stored O_O (final destination, or that one weird dude from MIB3?) Crazy stuff.

Anyways! Glad your ok man! Were your shorts still clean after?

·
Registered
2011 Forester Auto
225 Posts

Or that load a crane was hauling that was correctly stored* O_O (final destination, or that one weird dude from MIB3?) Crazy stuff.

Anyways! Glad your ok man! Were your shorts still clean after?
*Incorrectly secured*

·
Registered
08 xt sports 6sp
1,024 Posts
congrats on your attitude, reactions and results, glad you're okay holmes :bananapartyhat:

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
1,359 Posts
When I first read the title....I thought it said "Almost bought the FRAM"......I was like nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

Joking aside.....glad you are okay......that could've given you one heck of a "headache"....

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
1,359 Posts
Glad everyone is okay......hope she bought the "extra rental insurance" they are always trying to sell you when you rent a car.....

I dunno.....I know that you may not want to hear this but they may be able to fix that... it all depends....does the motor still run....any oil on the ground....etc....

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$1,500.00 bucks gave me aftermarket hood and grille plus he fixed a boo boo on the left rear quarterpanel. Paid out of pocket because car was paid off last year and with no-fault ins. plus never having had an accident… I thought … well… oh well I took off collision & comprehensive.
I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts