Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 2004 Subaru Forester since, well, '04.
It now has over 200,000 miles on it, and is starting to show its age.

So I just recently got a 2018 Subaru Forester, Manual Transmission, Premium, which I totally love at the moment.
Props to Subaru for being one of the last manufacturers to still make manual transmissions! I'm sad that is not an option after this year, but things have been headed that way for a long time.

Soon, I hope to post some of the minor customizations I've done to it, along with a few gripes I've had with the Entertainment system, and whatever else comes to my mind.

Nice to finally discover this forum.

-Aaron

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 XPremium 4EAT
863 Posts
Hi & welcome!!!

Great to see a Subaru with starship mileage on it!!

Since you've had the car from new, I'd be interested to hear what major maintenances you've made, issues, etc and if you want to share stats on wear items, that too!!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,419 Posts
@abelenky welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since you've had the car from new, I'd be interested to hear what major maintenances you've made, issues, etc and if you want to share stats on wear items, that too!!
From memory, the clutch has been once (maybe it was twice? I don't think so).
There have been some minor gasket leaks, but nothing major.
I don't remember any other major maintenance or issues, but I haven't kept detailed records on the car.

I'm told the timing belt finally needs to be changed, and the engine has developed an intermittent, high-pitched squeal once in awhile.

Overall, its been extremely reliable and trouble-free.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,942 Posts
Welcome!

Timing belt interval is 105k miles or 105 months. If you've gone over 200k, then you have a special angel looking down upon you!

Timing belt and everything it touches. Now! It's usually the things it touches that go first. They in turn break the belt, which in turn breaks the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts