Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Looking to put some All terrain tires on my 2010, and I am tossing between BFG ko2, Yokohama Geolandar AT and potentially Cooper Discovery. I’ve heard many good things about th BFGs on foresters and many photos but not quite sure if they’re worth the extra cash.
Will be doing some off-road touring but also a daily driver to and from work.
Or should I just stick with some regular low profiles? Thanks

·
Administrator
16,613 Posts
G'day mate and welcome aboard @jamesaforester

I've run BFGs, AT on the Foz and MT on the Triton, for many years and I agree that unless you can get them on special there is just too much competition out there now to justify the extra spend on BFG.

When my vehicles are due for new tyres I'll be looking at General Grabber AT (my son runs them on their 2012 S Foz); Maxxis AT; Falken Wildpeak AT3; Bridgestone D697. All of these have very good reports and also from experience with other Subie club members. Some seem to like the newer Geolanders but I had bad experiences with the older version years ago when ~50% had sidewall damage I think it was 5 or 6 out of 11 tyres destroyed.

Coopers - On a trip in the Outback I asked a local tyre shop about Coopers "Them's for city folks" was the response ;)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium CVT
15 Posts
I had a set of Michelin Latitude Cross on my SH - 215/65r16.
Fantastic tyre, quite as the OME Bridgestones on bitumen, stuck to dirt like the proverbial to a blanket and took to water like a duck.
They looked like outlasting the original tyres by a considerable distance too.
Pity they don’t come in the 18inch size as they would be my first preference on my SK when the times arrives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts