Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Alki Subaru's Members Journal (Maximilian's Member Journal)

('03-'05) 
67K views 564 replies 53 participants last post by  kontkret 
#1 · (Edited)
Alki (Al-Ka-ee) Subaru
Name: Maximilian

Subaru Forester
Car Year: 2004
Car Model: XS
Transmission: Automatic

So here is my 2004 forester XS. She might not look that pretty now and might not be that fast, but give it some time and I'm sure she will look pretty... probably not fast though...

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Hella Supertones

Did my first Mod Today! :banana:

Sure Hella Supertones are easy to install, but I decided I should start small and work my way up, although I did Challenge myself by doing the relay version of the Install. Im not going to go into detail about it since I just used tutorials from the Forums to figure it out.

Instead heres Before, Compared, and After!

I got these Horns, harness, and bracket from subimods. I actually didn't pay for these, I bought them for my neighbor for his Lotus Evora. Sadly his car got T-Boned and it doesn't run anymore:icon_cry:. So I got the Horns! :biggrin:

The Bracket really was not meant for a Subaru Forester, so I had to mount it on a lower hole. The wiring harness was the same, and I had to extend it alot. The wiring looks pretty trashy right now, but I will fix it when the Super Tones I bought for myself come. That Right! Four horns, a wiring harness and a bracket for the Price of Two Horns! :bling:

#18 ·
New 08 Sports Taillights installed!

So before the big Homecoming football game, I got two other friends to help me with this instal. The help was not necessary at all, since this Job is SUPER EASY, but the help basically made a 10 minute install a 3 minute install. :icon_biggrin:

The only real prep I used for this install was that I watched a "Taillight Bulb Replacement Video" on CarCareKiosk: Bulb Replacement.

The other thing was that since I have a 2003-2005 Forester, The bulb harnesses are wired in rather than plug in. Thankfully Bobby (2.5x_sleeper) helped explain to me that I could just put the old harnesses into the new housing. They fit perfectly.

At the football game I already got two compliments from people I did not know about the taillights. One person even asked me what year my forester was! :cool:

:bling:

#23 · (Edited)
Painting!

I have been doing my own painting recently for the Importology stuff I bought. I was quoted what I thought was an unreasonable price to get the three things painted, so I bought my own paint from paint scratch and did it myself.

Plain O'l lip and eyelids.

Here are the lip and eyelids primed.

Here are the lip, eye lids, and the 3rd brake light all painted up!

The over all project turned out great for me and was a really fun experience. The results of the job is clearly a DIY, but turned out better than I thought I could do. It was my first automotive painting experience!
The paint was expensive, but still cheaper than I was quoted for.

The brake light color was the hardest to match since it was not really an OEM color. I had to mix the PSM and SGM paints in a proportion of 2 to 1 to get the right color.

#24 ·
RA Mud Flaps!

I decided to get real mud flaps instead of sticking with the stock plastic ones. I was tied between rally armor and Gorilla brand, but decided to go with Rally Armor. The tie breaker between the two brands was that RA became a supporter of Scoobies for Boobies and they are also a supporter of the forum! I also picked up some breast cancer awareness t shirts from them.

Here are the original mud flaps.

When I took them off there was ALOT of dirt accumulated in them.

Here are the RA's

I let the 3rd grade humor mentality get the better of me on this project.

Overall I like how this project turned out. Both the RA's and the Original mud flaps gave the car a very nice look, but not everyone has RA's, so it gives my subi a unique look. Also they function ALOT better!:woohoo:

#25 ·
Nice journal so far. There's nothing wrong with being young and balling on a budget. It makes you appreciate your work that much more. I was always did cheap unique mods and loved when people asked me where I bought it, how much etc. I would never tell my secrets. I joined here when I was 19/20 so I know how you feel. Keep at it, your foz is looking much better!

#30 ·
Spokane = Forester and Outback Community?

So I went up to Spokane to visit Gonzaga. There are so many Foresters and Outbacks here. Just these last two days I've seen at least 60 different foresters, and maybe 30 outbacks. :icon_eek:

Sadly I havent spotted any real modded ones, but its still great to see alot of similar minded people up here. Maybe Ill go to GU for college haha. :biggrin:

#31 · (Edited)
LED Parking Lights

So it has been a weird two weeks for lights. One of My taillights went out, one of my parking lights went out, and one of my reflector lights went out. Thankfully I had spares for the brake light, so that was easy. The reflector lights I chose just to ignore for a while. However the parking lights were something I need to replace.

I bought Stage 3 License Plate LEDs from Diode Dynamics. These are the same bulb type for the parking lights, so I just popped them in.

The removal of the headlight assembly was really easy. I wont go into because there are numerous tutorials on it.

Here is a comparison. The stock lights are on the Left and the LED is the Right one. (Ignore the ghetto wiring for the Hella Horns. Ill fix this sooner or later)

Here are both of the LEDs installed.

These are really bright and where really easy to instal. I love the results!
:bling:

#34 · (Edited)
Plastidip Rim Concept

So in the future Im definitely going to pick new wheels and make the stock ones my winter wheels, however as for now my stock wheels are all I got!

I was thinking about painting my wheels, but I decided to use plastidip to make some wheel concepts first since plastidip is removable.

I really like the wheels on the Volkswagen GTi's and I realized that they are very similar in look as the 2004 XS's wheels.

Forester:

GTi:

I wanted black rims though instead of the color the stock rims are, so I took the GTi's design and reversed it.

This is how it turned out.

What do you guys think? I will try a version with the silver lip on the edge next week.

#37 ·
So in the future Im definitely going to pick new wheels and make the stock ones my winter wheels, however as for now my stock wheels are all I got!

I was thinking about painting my wheels, but I decided to use plastidip to make some wheel concepts first since plastidip is removable.

I really like the wheels on the Volkswagen GTi's and I realized that they are very similar in look as the 2004 XS's wheels.

Forester:

GTi:

I wanted black rims though instead of the color the stock rims are, so I took the GTi's design and reversed it.

This is how it turned out.

What do you guys think? I will try a version with the silver lip on the edge next week.
Dude that looks great! Clever beans!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.