Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
09 Limited 4EAT
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes:

I have about 16,300 on my 09 Limited. At I recently had the tires rotated ( I was a little late -- I rotated them last at 7600) and found that the car started drifting to the right. I talked to my mechanic who said that it probably wasn't the alignment, but could be a bad tire.

He rotated them back and the problem is solved for now, but he couldn't see any problems with the tires. So, now what do I do? If I can't rotate them, they will wear unevenly. If I do rotate them, the car will pull to the right, and the tires will wear unevenly.

Suggestions? Thanks, all.

·
Registered
03 x
384 Posts
tire pull does happen and the way to conferm this is put them back on the front but reverse the sides so right tire on the left and vice versa. see if the pull changes directions. if it does it should be covered under the tire manufacturers warrenty

·
Registered
09 Limited 4EAT
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks -- I'll give that a try. Probably will go to the dealer so they can see for themselves. I suspect this will be a bit of an arm-wrestling match to get them to make it a warranty issue.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,070 Posts
Tire warranty is separate from the vehicle warranty. You can go to any tire dealer that deals in the brand on the car. Check the additional tire warranty card, it should be with the owners manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts