Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
61 - 80 of 371 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I hear you buddy. This is why I bought a riding mower for my .25 acre yard. Cut time is 15 mins now!:biggrin:
Way back, a friend who lived nearby let me try his riding mower. I found there are too many tight corners in my yard, especially on the South side where our garden is. We have to stick with a push mower. :frown:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for Alex's Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #2)

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
LOL at Alex's cake! :biggrin: Liking the shift knob as well... I thought about getting one of those.

I am preparing for my car's surgery. Last chance for you to give me that AVO kit! :wink: :wink:

·
Administrator
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
He really likes that hamburger cake! :icon_eek: If you decide to get a Momo AT shift knob, this is a killer price! :cool:

You really don't want to add a turbo or supercharger on a new build. I'd let it break in first before going crazy! I might have something to offer you after we finish the AVO turbo redo project. :wink:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for Alex's Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #2)

·
Administrator
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
He really likes that hamburger cake! :icon_eek: If you decide to get a Momo AT shift knob, this is a killer price! :cool:

You really don't want to add a turbo or supercharger on a new build. I'd let it break in first before going crazy! I might have something to offer you after we finish the AVO turbo redo project. :wink:

Bobby...
Thanks for the link. :smile:
Hrmmm... what could it be... a cake? :lol:
Now you really don't think we could do an AVO Turbo kit "redo" project without access to all the parts we may need? I bought an entire kit for spare parts! The kit was being closed out (savings!) & the shipping was free (savings!), so I figured, what the hell! :biggrin:

If you've been following my posts here on the AVO Turbo Kit, you're actually looking at the "new" kit that I bought, being prepared for the redo project! :wink:

When we finish the project, we may sell the old parts to recoup some of the cost or save them for spare parts. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Ooohhh my. I may be interested in some of that. :lol: We'll see what the MOD budget has in store later on. :icon_eek:

·
Administrator
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Get the new engine broken in, then let the craziness set in! :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Unintentional, but if that's a good thing, I'll take the credit! :cool:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
SPT turbo heat shield!

No turbo heat shield is provided as part of the AVO Turbo kit, so during the redo project, we're going see if this heat shield can be installed. Some fabrication may be required...

Update!​
I hate to say it, but there's no way this will fit on the AVO Turbo Kit turbo. I did find another use for this piece, which you can view here, so it wasn't a total loss.

Bobby...
SPT turbo heat shield, SOA8431100.

Related posts:
The Table of Contents for Alex's Member Journal can be found ► here. (post #2)

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,352 Posts
Now you really don't think we could do an AVO Turbo kit "redo" project without access to all the parts we may need? I bought an entire kit for spare parts! The kit was being closed out (savings!) & the shipping was free (savings!), so I figured, what the hell! :biggrin:

If you've been following my posts here on the AVO Turbo Kit, you're actually looking at the "new" kit that I bought, being prepared for the redo project! :wink:

When we finish the project, we may sell the old parts to recoup some of the cost or save them for spare parts. :smile:

Bobby...

So were you having issues with the original kit or just wanted to do it over better than before. Maybe I missed the original reasoning along the way.

·
Administrator
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
The AVO Turbo kit has been operating flawlessly. I was never completely happy with the installation & now that I have the skills & the time to do the job myself, I want to make sure everything is "perfect", so it continues be trouble free. We want to heat wrap the up & down pipes & to do that, they have to be removed from the vehicle. I figures this would be a great time to clean up the installation, install all new pipes & turbo. I'll finally know the installation is a good as it can be. In addition, it's be a fun father & son project. :wink:

Stay tuned! There will be lots of pictures & detailed write ups to follow as this project starts very shortly! :cool:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
The stock steel battery tie down is replaced!

The stock painted steel battery tie down was starting to rust a bit, so we figured this would be a good time to upgrade it! We found a great deal on this JDM anodized aluminum battery tie down on eBay. :cool:

Bobby…
These pictures show the new JDM anodized aluminum battery tie down.

The upper picture shows the stock battery tie down. The lower picture shows the new battery tie down installed. The fit is perfect! We added small stainless steel washers to prevent the locking type nuts that the factory uses from cutting into the aluminum.​

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
Thats a nice touch. I need one of those!
Thanks! I was happy with the stock painted steel one, but it finally started to rust, so it had to go. The JDM anodized aluminum battery tie down start at .99 on e Bay, got it for $13.50, but looking at the seller's feedback, they've gone for $10! Of course at those prices, there's no color option. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
We cleaned it & there wasn't any acid residue on the battery. The top of the battery does gets wet & that appears to be what caused the stock battery tie down to start rusting slightly on the edge near where the nut goes. :smile:

We looked at a Kartboy & SPT battery tie down, love how they look, but I just couldn't part with $35-45 for one! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

Related post:The Table of Contents for Alex's Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #2)

·
Registered
2014 CVT
824 Posts
ya, it was an x-mas giftfor my mom and then when her car got totaled i took it off and moved it over to my sisters subaru and looked at it and the acid had eat some metal and taken a lot of the blue off

·
Administrator
43,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 · (Edited)
That's nice thing about gifts... you can... are expected to splurge. :cool:

Curious, was the acid damage only on the bottom, or did the acid splash onto the battery tie down during the wreck? Any chance Subaru/SPT would give you a replacement? Worth a try! :wink:

Bobby...

Related post:

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Way back, a friend who lived nearby let me try his riding mower. I found there are too many tight corners in my yard, especially on the South side where our garden is. We have to stick with a push mower. :frown:

Bobby...

go with a rider for the majority of it and use the push mower for the "trim"

61 - 80 of 371 Posts