Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

321 - 340 of 370 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Most of the images are hosted on Photobucket. The pictures are there on my quick scan. Which pictures are not displaying? :confused:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for Alex's Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #2)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
46 Posts
Nvm , it somehow loaded it now. I finished reading and looking at all the things you did so far . I am feeling so motivated . lol

·
Registered
2006 Outback Limited
1 Posts
AVO Turbo update

Can I get an update on how the AVO turbo kit on the forester is holding up? Very interested in the kit, curious about how long term reliability and effects on the engine.
Thanks for the incredible write up!

·
Administrator
39,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
@Mountainmanic I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Thank you for the compliment.

The AVO turbo kit has been surprisingly trouble free, but I wouldn't recommend it, as it pretty much means you keep the vehicle forever.

With that said... if I were to do this again, I'd skip the 5th fuel injector, which I don't think is needed for <6 psi of boost. I'm also thinking the intercooler could also be treated as optional. This simplifies the installation, leaving just the engine management to deal with. :icon_eek:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for Alex's Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #2)

·
Administrator
39,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
@ecvr30 The SG... '03-'08 door tweeter kit is discontinued, so the only way you'll find these is used on eBay or someone parting out a Forester. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
39,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
The Subaru door tweeter kit is part number: H630SSA100 :wink:

Bobby...

Reactions: ecvr30

·
Registered
2003 Forester Auto
56 Posts
Alex received this for Christmas & we just got around to installing it. I prefer warmer weather when dash parts need to be pried out. Warm parts flex & don't break. :wink:

Alex's '03 X has manual climate controls, so unhooking the control cables was another ugly task... easier now that I've done it before, but still a hassle! :mad:

The installation is plug & play, with no real difference, other than the distinctive red color. :biggrin:

Bobby...

Here's how the stock hazard switch looked.

Here's how it looks with the JDM STi hazard switch installed.

Related post:
Do you have any tips on how to remove that panel with the manual climate control? I'm looking to install a new stereo and ran into that problem while taking it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
39,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
@ecvr30 take a look at my write up here: Audio Upgrade - Part 4

At the bottom of that post, I attached a PDF that has the information you're looking for. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
39,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
It's not an easy task... the first time you do this! :icon_eek:

The climate control cables have to be detached, under the dash, before the HVAC trim surround can be removed. In addition, those 2 cables have to reinstalled exactly as they were originally installed, or the cables will bind & the controls won't work properly.

Bobby...

·
Registered
2003 Forester
116 Posts
I did the Integrated Key Fob MOD on my '07 FSXT last year, which you can view here in my Member Journal. The security chip made that MOD a bit more complicated, but it was well worth it! Of course Alex wanted an Integrated Key Fob for his '03 X. :icon_eek:

No immobilizer security or chipped keys on the '03 X, so this MOD was VERY easy! :cool:

Bobby...

On the left is the stock key + fob & on the right is the new Integrated Key Fob. I bought the Integrated Key Fob from Jackie, SubaruPartsGirl, a supporting vendor here on the forum. Her direct number at Annapolis Subaru is (866) 509-3019.

Here's our simplified programing instructions, which made the programing a piece-of-cake!

This was a birthday gift for Alex, so there has to be a picture of the birthday cake! :biggrin:

It looks like that part # for the fob in your post is for a Tribeca? Does it have a trunk release? I'd assume that button doesn't do anything now?

·
Administrator
39,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
@lubmysubaru yes, the new smaller remotes for 2009 Outback, Legacy and Tribeca.

No trunk release on the '03 X or on my '07 FSXT, so that button doesn't anything. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2003 Forester
116 Posts
@lubmysubaru yes, the new smaller remotes for 2009 Outback, Legacy and Tribeca.

No trunk release on the '03 X or on my '07 FSXT, so that button doesn't anything. :wink:

Bobby...

Cool! Good to know that you were able to program that fob for your son's '03 Forester. I've also got an '03 model, so I'm gonna give it a shot. Found this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IGZQDRU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER (edit: just saw as of 04/12/2017 that the Prime product is not in stock)

So I figured, once I receive the transmitter, I'll try to program it (before getting it cut) and if it doesn't work I can return it for free since it is a Prime purchase.

·
Administrator
39,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Alex was able to program the new key/fob using the simplified instructions. He said it was very easy!

If you buy the key/fob at a Subaru dealership, it will cost around $60 & they will usually cut the key for free from your VIN number, which gives you a perfect key. :wink:

·
Registered
2003 Forester
116 Posts
Thanks, found the key priced at $57 from my dealer ONLINE - $90 if walking in and buying at the counter. It should be ready for pickup in a few hours. They said they were going to charge $15 to cut the key, even though that sounds expensive for a key cut, I may still do it from them just to make sure it is cut right.

·
Administrator
39,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
It varies from dealer to dealer... some may even program the remote as well as cut the key, if your Forester is in for other service. This may also depend on if you're a regular customer. :wink:

Bobby...

321 - 340 of 370 Posts