I think it is 1/2" or so, it's more or less the same size that the o2 sensor threads into.The 90* spacer that you installed may have a 1/2" opening into the exhaust pipe, which may be allowing a large amount of exhaust to reach the O2 sensor? The Spark plug non-fouler opening is 1/4". One is drilled out to 1/2" to allow the O2 sensor to fit, but the other one is left at 1/4".
As to raspy exhaust sound. Did you remove your resonator?
You have a point. I don't seem to have the running issue with Mother's Back to Black though... I tend to massage thoroughly when I apply it (several minutes) and apply product in liberal amounts.Where's the fun in that? Too much like washing the Forester! :icon_eek:
I've tried Griot's Vinyl & Rubber dressing, 303 Aerospace Protectant, Mother's Back-to-Black & none of them last long in the rain & we get lots of rain here in Oregon where I live. :icon_eek:You have a point. I don't seem to have the running issue with Mother's Back to Black though... I tend to massage thoroughly when I apply it (several minutes) and apply product in liberal amounts.
So you think a single non-fouler will do the trick in addition to the 90* piece? Thanks for your input!I'm not entirely sure that 90* piece serves the same function as the spark plug non-fouler, perhaps more to clearance the O2 sensor? I'd be tempted to throw a spark plug non-fouler setup on the end of that 90* piece. If that doesn't stop your P0420 CEL code, I don't know what will? :icon_eek:
This was something I've always wanted to do & it was great fun, but I'll never do it again! :icon_eek:just reading the first few posts has scared me off of wanting to turbo my 2003 2.5x and I've built turbo systems from scratch for air cooled VW's in the past! of course, those were carbureted draw through systems LOL. back to the idea of doing some mods to the N/A motor.
We don't know how the spider got in there & getting its corpse out of there was a challenge!
How did we remove it? We pulled all the light bulbs out & placed our shop vacuum on each bulb opening until the spider's corpse found it's way out. The make up of the tail light assembly has 2 layers, so the there's another covering, an inner clear covering, which seals each light reflector. Looking at the picture, you'd think it was a straight shot out, but there's a clear internal reflector covering that can't be seen! After much shaking & vacuum sucking, the spider exited out the bottom most (red) light bulb opening! This may sound & look easy, but that spider had gotten on the front side of the lights, so it wasn't as easy as popping off the light & sucking it out! :icon_eek:
The Table of Contents for Alex's Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #2)