Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
03 XT Prodrive
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

I've a problem with my 03 XT, in that I can't arm the alarm from the key fob. When all the doors are closed and the fob pressed, the alarm beeps for 15 seconds as it would if a door were left open, then the alarm starts.

At the moment the car is only locked by using the key, so from what I understand the alarm is unset, but the immobilisers are working. Am I correct on that point?

Has anyone had these issues, and if so, what is the correct course of action please?

Cheers,

Dogwagon.

A

·
0 Posts
Sounds to me like the bonnet switch is playing up, try disconnecting the wire from it and re arming the system..

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Sounds to me like the bonnet switch is playing up, try disconnecting the wire from it and re arming the system..
Its probably a plunger type switch that gets pushed down when the bonnet is closed but it depends if its a (NO) "Normaly Open" or (NC) "Normaly Closed" switch.

disconnecting might not do anything and just give the same symptom.

you may have to "short out" the wires to determin if the switch is broken.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
On an SF its by the drivers side suspension turret, I had a similar problem with mine and fixed it by loosening the mounting bracket retaining bolts and pulling it up before retightening so the closed bonnet pushed the plunger down 5mm further - the best fix is a free one!

Simon

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,883 Posts
I believe this is the switch....?
Certainly is.

There is a certain amount of height adjustment in the fixing holes, so if the washer bottle has been off, it may be sitting too low to break contact.

Try pushing the button down with the bonnet open and then lock the car with the remote. Should work OK, when released alarm sounds. (just tried mine).

Looking again at your pic, it could even be too high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts