Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester "S"
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Forester S: I disconnected my battery and now my parking lights will not go off, EVER. I have to dis-connect my battery whenever I park my car. Also my door locks are locking and unlocking on their own while I am driving. As I understand I cannot take out the system, correct? My key fob is not working even with a new battery. I am open to any and all suggestions, thanks.

·
Dodgy Post Whore - eh!
2003 XT 2.5 AT
1,825 Posts
Perhaps this thread will help? :confused:
Oh, it's the parking lights that are on. :icon_redface: Yes, switch them off with that silly switch on top of the steering binnacle that has no warning beeper or warning light to let you know it's on. But the door (un)locking? :shrug: One thing at a time, I guess.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,746 Posts
That was my first thought, but he seems to have other problems. That's why I wanted to know if the problem started after he disconnected the battery & hooked it back up. Perhaps that added to the main problem? :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2000 Forester "S"
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Suddenly it all stopped. I did nothing different. But just to remind me that I own a 2000 Forester my "check engine" light is now on! :furious:

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,746 Posts
Sometimes strange electrical problems can be caused by poor ground connections. It would cost nothing to look over the ground connections in the engine compartment. If they look corroded, pop it off, clean off the corrosion, coat with a protective grease, like dielectric grease & put it back together. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts