Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester S 4EAT
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of right now, I am doing some research on my foresters electrical system so I can wire in a new keyless/alarm system. The new alarm system requires a door trigger. What if I were to wire the door trigger to the domelight because all of the doors trigger the light to go on.

Would this be a good idea or should I just stick to wiring it to the jam switch?

·
Registered
1998 S 6MT!
276 Posts
As of right now, I am doing some research on my foresters electrical system so I can wire in a new keyless/alarm system. The new alarm system requires a door trigger. What if I were to wire the door trigger to the domelight because all of the doors trigger the light to go on.

Would this be a good idea or should I just stick to wiring it to the jam switch?
Hey, I just recently installed a python (Viper) 991 remote start in my ’98 forester.
What I used for my door trigger was yellow wire in the keyless entry stock wiring harness and I used the same wire for the domelight supervision. BUT BUT you need to either diode isolate the 2 wires or use a relay to isolate them. I used trial and error and found that both worked equally well but the diode saved space and wiring.

PM if you have any questions, I learned a lot installing mine..

And below is the wiring colors that helped!

1998-1999Â*SubaruÂ*ForesterÂ*Vehicle Wiring Chart and Diagram

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT Manual
219 Posts
Unless you're wiring in a remote start, those alarms are generally more trouble than they are worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts