Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My airbag light just came on and wont go off , wasn't on ealier just went up shops and it came on on the when I got back in!!?
Any ideas ?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,957 Posts
Check the yellow connectors under the front seats. Even if they appear to be connected, give them a good wiggle.

·
Registered
2017 SJ XT
232 Posts
Seconded. I had this on my Impreza once after a service, and the mechanic had disconnected that cable under the seat (can't remember why now though).

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sound I'll give it a look in the morning,
cheers guys
Gav

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No joy guys tried under the seat and the ones under the bonnet , there is on behind the steering wheel I'll try and get to it and see.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,957 Posts
Bummer. Among the more significant possibilities would be the "clockspring," which is the flexible cable that connects the electrical components in the steering wheel to the wiring in the steering column. It's not cheap. Does your horn work?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok check behind stering wheel connections are fine, horn works
unpluged the two under front seats and plugged back it checked the two under the bonnet , checked fuses under dash , I've run out of ideas could have to visit the steelers ;(

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would a clock spring from a newage leggy or impeza suit ?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,957 Posts
You'd have to check part numbers. It's quite likely that these come in an ever-increasing variety of configurations due to the various controls that are now becoming integrated into the steering wheel.

The fact that your horn works at least says that your clock spring is still plugged in and has not failed catastrophically. So there still might be another cause for your problem, and perhaps a cheaper one?

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
FYI if you go here:

http://opposedforces.com/parts/

and drill down to a part number, there is a cross ref link to show what other scoobies us the same part.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool thanx guys ;) ill drop over to garage on sat and get code , thought my scangauge was ment to be able to get codes !!? Not getting any reading on it tho , or is that just engine related codes it reads ?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back from the stealers, they tried two differant code readers and there is no codes at all -strange one huh , maybe it's a faulty airbag?
It's not reading any codes so what's next ?

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
check the plugs at the back of the instruments, then. The airbag light (and the ABS one, too) tend to be set up so they're "on" unless told to turn off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts