Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The crossbars on my Foz are noisey, very noisey. Does Subaru (or anyone else) make an air dam for the rack shown below?

Thanks in advance. I have been unable to find one.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
I'd just take them off and be done with it.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,504 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noisy? As in when the moonroof is open? :confused:

When you store the removed crossbars, don't loose the plastic pads! They're very expensive, as I noted on my post here! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]
I don't have a moonroof. The pads are either missing or worn out, dealership is getting me new ones. The mirrors on that car are noisey too. I guess it just adds to the charm.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,504 Posts
I don't have a moonroof. The pads are either missing or worn out, dealership is getting me new ones. The mirrors on that car are noisey too. I guess it just adds to the charm.
Hmmm... we like the looks of the crossbars, so they're installed on both our Foresters. The only time I've noticed any noise, is when I open the moonroof on the '07. Any chance they were installed pointing the wrong direction? :confused:

No noticeable wind noise from the mirrors either. :wink:

When you hear the noise, are you driving with the windows down? :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
the manual recommends moving both bars towards the back of the car to cut down on the noise. But if you don't use them much, you might as well take them off.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought that the window noise was from the mirror design? It seemed to get worse when I installed the tweeters. I will take a look at it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,936 Posts
FWIT, I took my crossbars off soon after I got the car to lower the highway noise AND actually save some gas....about 1 MPG consistently on my car.

Steve

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've run two tanks through it in the 10 days I've had it. Gotten 23.5 and 22.5 mpg. This wouldn't be so bad if the tank wasn't so small. My range is less than 300 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts