Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport CVT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think this is a new issue, because I seem to remember it not being this way before. My Forester doesn't seem to have the AC running right away when I start the car anymore. It takes about half a minute or so before I start feeling cold air. Are other people experiencing this?

·
Registered
207 Posts
So I think this is a new issue, because I seem to remember it not being this way before. My Forester doesn't seem to have the AC running right away when I start the car anymore. It takes about half a minute or so before I start feeling cold air. Are other people experiencing this?
Your air will not be cold when you first start the vehicle. Especially in hot weather.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you serious?
If you need Ac on it must be wam outside. Car takes a moment to have cold air flowing....
Troll?

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
2,898 Posts
Am I missing something? Down here in Dallas, when I start the car, the AC is on and running, but I am certainly not going to get cold air for nearly 1 minute if not more....It's so hot here, that yes it does take that long for all the inner workings of the system to cool off, etc...before cold air actually is produced. So 1/2 minute is nothing.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
1,083 Posts
Are you serious?
If you need Ac on it must be wam outside. Car takes a moment to have cold air flowing....
Troll?
Relax, it's an honest question.

@tysforester17 , I'm going to assume you have a model with climate control. Mine does (2019 Limited) and I've noticed the same slow behavior when using the climate control. It takes longer than any of my other cars (current and prior, not Suabru) for cold air to arrive. Not terribly long, but different enough to be noticeable.

If you want quicker cooling, press the MaxAC button. This delivers cold air within seconds (even after sitting in the sun on a hot day).

Another option is to adjust the "aggressiveness" of the climate control. In the multifunction screen you can set the climate control to NORMAL, MILD, ECO, or POWER. See p.222 of the manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts