Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a touch screen radio in the nav pod on top of the dash so I had to unplug the clock/air bag on/off light. I ended up with the airbag fault code on the cluster. Do I need to keep the clock plugged in? I suppose I could try to hide it behind the dash but there isn't much room. thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,945 Posts
The passenger airbag on/off status built into the clock is part of the airbag system, so if you unplug the clock, you get an airbag light. :frown:

If you don't care about the passenger airbag status, you can leave the clock plugged in & tuck the clock back in the dash, :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that did the trick! I searched and searched for other installs before I did mine and didn't see it mentioned. I also needed an antenna extension. Couldn't find one locally so had to order it online.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,706 Posts
Here is the circuit thats causing the issue. Its in the clock pod:

Here is the ghetto fix:

I just did that to test to make sure what I was thinking would work. I then did this:

And for another forum member on here that wanted the indicator I did this:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited Manual
140 Posts
I know, bringing up a 1 year old post, but do you still have the resistors in the circuit with the pic of the LEDs?

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,706 Posts
I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

I think you are asking if in that picture there are still resistors.

Yes there are, they are under the shrink wrap soldered directly to the pins. You can see the peanut shaped bulges there. The resistors are just sized to control LED current though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, that was what I was asking! I didn't look hard enough :-/

Do you know the specific sizes you used? I'll be doing my own research on this too to see if I can figure it out :)

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,945 Posts
@jamesmckeown9500 the resistors are visible on the modification without the LED, they are 1000 Ω or 1K Ω.

@FXTSPORTS08 hasn't signed on to the forum since 2017 & he never gave @The_Moves a definitive answer to his question.
Do you know the specific sizes you used?
@The_Moves hasn't signed on the forum since 2016, so I don't think he'll be chiming in. :frown:

Looks like you have some hands on research to do. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Reactions: jamesmckeown9500

·
Registered
140 Posts
I sold my Forester, but still have the setup I think in a box that got missed when selling the Forester. I can check what resistors I used - I think I had issues with the red being too bright and the green being too dimm.

Also, my airbag light ended up being the cable inside (clock spring) the steering wheel/column. When replacing my steering rack I had spun the wheel like an idiot and went too far, causing the cable in the wheel/column to be pinched. Replacing that fixed my issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts