Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Turbo 2.0 XT Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aha Radio (streaming radio like Pandora). It is included in the Subaru Harman Kardon audio system so I downloaded the free app from iTunes for my iPhone 4S to try it out. App feels kind of Mickey Mouse to me. App is constantly freezing? Its also unresponsive. I'm also having problems having it play thru the in-car system. Not really needing this gizmo, but since it is included in the Forester audio system, wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same and found a solution. I emailed Aha Radio support. They could not offer a solution and say app is fine. (All other apps on my phone work fine BTW) Felt a bit like "blackberry help desk" Yuk Yuk. 2014 Subaru Foresters have this Aha streaming radio & soon more 2015 Subarus will too. Any experiences w/ Aha Radio to share folks?

·
Registered
2014 Premuim CVT
104 Posts
When I first picked up my forester last oct, I had an Iphone. AHA did not work through the car nav system at all. A month later, I got an android phone (Note 3) and now Aha works perfectly fine through the car. It uses a lot of data, so make sure your data plane can support it. Its not the first time I heard people complain about aha not working with an Iphone. I think they should just come out and say its for android only until they fix it.

Rob

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
174 Posts
I use the Aha Radio app everyday. The Slacker radio channels, in particular, sound awesome - crystal clear. I do use mine with a Android phone through Bluetooth connection. Much better sound than XM/Sirius.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Touring
24 Posts
I just purchased my 2014 forester so I'm just starting to use Aha. I use it with my iPhone. It's definitely slow loading up initially. I do like the Slacker Radio stations. I actually wish they had Pandora since that's what I've mainly used in the past and have my custom stations already built for that. I've also been listening to NPR with it. I think the Yelp reviews are nice to have. I'm hoping that they can do updates to it in the future (not sure if that's likely) to make it better.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Lim CVT
282 Posts
I used it when I got my car, and it worked fine, but like others have said, it eats alot of data (probably 2x what Pandora uses). While this is not a big deal for me (grandfathered unlimited on Verizon), it would be an issue for others. The thing that ultimately made me quit using it was that you could not customize stations, even though you can with Slacker. If they would add Pandora, or at least allow custom Slacker stations, it would be much more useful. I don't like being locked into one genre, and have switched to just using Pandora over bluetooth, due to the custom stations (adding different genres to one station).

I did like the idea of it (being able to rate songs on the nav unit being one), but in the end was just not up to par. I do have an Android, so could be why I did not really have issues with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts