Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now question for all your aggressive, hellaflush, illest peeps....what do you do with the fenders?

Front - rolling, remove fender liner, neg camber (some specs please)
Rear - rolling, cutting, neg camber (specs please)
Wheel size and offset
Tire size and brand

Just want to understand what specs are needed with what fitment and tire sizes.

I'm running 18x8.5 +30 offset with 225/45/18 (will have 18x9 +35 with 245/40/18 soon)
Looking into rolling/cutting rear, but front looks like I need a pull or more neg camber to clear the fender (even after a roll). Looks like I will loose the fender liner too...which sucks.

Like this to be a good resource for people to achieve similar outcomes.

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
front camber -1.5
rolled fenders (melted liner to lift up a little and will need to do it again)
rear camber -2
rolled fenders (no rubbing)
tires 225/45/18
wheel 18x8.5 + 30 (stock 55 with 25mm spacers)
1/4-1/2" gap all around

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Aren't the bearings going to suffer with 30 offset?!

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
He's 5x114 so he will be fine in regards to his bearings.
I'm not aggressive with my wheels but I would think cutting in the rear would be unnecessary. If you roll the lip until it's totally flat then do a slight pull on the quarter you should be able to fit those wheel fine.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,140 Posts
I've been reading the aggressive fitment thread over on NASIOC during school for the past few days for lack of anything better to do and it seems that most of the guys over there are running lots of neg camber (talking like -2 or -3). But most of them are running so aggressive that they are going with really low offsets, rolling, pulling and cutting fenders... (Sorry that was just kind of a ramble, I don't know if it will help at all.)

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
the front fenders should be fine(worse case rolled), however the rears will have to be rolled, liners removed and possibly pulled...

some negative camber will have to come in2 play as well, but it all depends how low you go. there is only one forester on here that has the setup correct - deviant808. every1 else on here is 4x4 status w/ some wide wheels and IMHO looks stupid...

id pm him, or check the aggressive foz thread, i think he mentions what he had to do to his setup to make it fit... (18x10 w/ 265s)

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
last year I ran a semi aggressive wheel with a pretty aggressive tire. 18x8.5's with 255/35/18 star specs. I am rolling on coilovers and I have both front and rear fenders rolled and pulled. This year I will be on the same tires but they will be on an 18x10+30. hopefully my current set up with be enough but I might throw some negative camber in there as needed

·
Registered
2007 Audi S4 Avant 6 spd Triptronic
956 Posts
I'll throw in my setup and what I had to do to get the rubbing to stop.
04 STi struts on 05 Spec C springs
18 x 9 +35, w/ 245/40 R18
Rear:
Rolled and negative camber of -2.5...my rear looks like this / \

Front:
Rolled just on the top, not all the way around. I had to cut an odd shape in the fender liner, so it basically has some on the back side and the front where the bumper is, but above the tire is gone. And my front is running -1.5 camber

I'll let you know next week if my new rims have any problems
18 x 9.5 +38 (maybe a 3mm spacer needed):evilatyou:

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice start...but maybe I should of asked how and what type of equipement is needed to achieve the camber too..

Front and rear camber plates? Or just camber bolt?

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
You will prolly only need a rear roll..camber bolts maybe.

pm awdalbert on nasioc, and book an appt..he is very busy, and possibly booked for a month out.
AWD fitted

He did a rear roll to get my 18x9 +44 w 245/45 Pzero's to fit.

·
Registered
2007 Audi S4 Avant 6 spd Triptronic
956 Posts
nice start...but maybe I should of asked how and what type of equipement is needed to achieve the camber too..

Front and rear camber plates? Or just camber bolt?
Yeah all you need is rear camber bolts, I went with the Eibach rear camber bolts for the WRX, they were like $20 shipped online. The max is -2.5 and then the front stock camber bolts will max out at -1.5. The guy that did my alignment put my rear camber bolts in for me. Cost $60 bucks for the 4 wheel.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Ron, do you have camber plates ?

With the 17x9 ET42 + 255/40/17 or 245/40/17 R comps I was getting rubbing only on the top portion of the rear wheel for about 3-4 inches. I am going to be rolling my fenders in May so I can mount the much wider 275's. I'll post up my specs and what I did once its all worked out. And yes, I've thought that I too may have to remove the fender liner. In the front it will help as I'm going to be running brake duct hose anyway.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
What is the point of this apart from (subjective) looks?
Sorry if I sound negative but I don't see the point of trying to look like a Hummer(!) while destroying handling and having all sorts of associated problems with cutting and rolling (see rust etc.) Bigger is not always better ;)
I also don't see how much 114 hubs will help with such low offset, sure they are better than 100 ones but 30 is way too low IMHO.
Prodrive's recommendation for the Forester goes as low as 43 and no wider than 8".
Regarding 114 hubs, the biggest the catalogue shows is 19x8.5 in ET42 for an Impreza Sti CBA-GRB.
http://www.prodrive-japan.com/products/img/matching_reference.pdf
I think they know better.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
None unless you're trying to get more meat in there for the track. Otherwise yes they're similar to dubs that just slow your car down and make the steering feel like crap.

Prodrive's recommendation for the Forester goes as low as 43 and no wider than 8".
Regarding 114 hubs, the biggest the catalogue shows is 19x8.5 in ET42 for an Impreza Sti CBA-GRB. I think they know better.
They do. For optimum performance you want the closest offset to stock to clear suspension. Camber specs are set for best performance not to fit a certain size tire. They do make wider wheels in 5x114 though.

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry if I sound negative but I don't see the point of trying to look like a Hummer(!) while destroying handling and having all sorts of associated problems with cutting and rolling (see rust etc.) Bigger is not always better ;)
I also don't see how much 114 hubs will help with such low offset, sure they are better than 100 ones but 30 is way too low IMHO.
Regarding 114 hubs, the biggest the catalogue shows is 19x8.5 in ET42 for an Impreza Sti CBA-GRB.
Well my car/forester isn’t going to look like a hummer. I don’t have a whole lot of ground clearance; just enough to clear speed bumps. I’m rolling then painting any cracks that may occur to clear my BBS LM’s 18x9 +35 offset. They are my primary objective really.

114 hubs have way larger bearing up front and they don’t need a press to replace (but also not cheap). I’m primary doing this to allow for the larger bearing when going wider, and also larger selection of wheels (I change wheels like I change shoes)

30 offset isn’t all that low. My corolla with a 16x9 with a -38 offset is low (full 9” lip).

As for Prodrive they are the most conservative retail company for Subaru. They don’t go all that crazy for fitments, and everything is within OE spec vehicles. Now their rally cars have the crazy stuff, but for street us, it’s very mellow. Example is the stage packages not offering a lot of power, but cost a whole lot.

Now you can criticize me on the fitments and all, but I’m just looking to achieve something in my mind what I want. I don’t off-road, or go rally, but will be hitting up a few time-attacks and some road courses (probably with the STI BBS wheels and new rubber).

The widest I’ve seen on an impreza (us car) was a 10.5 on a GRB race car, and the foresters with 10’s in the aggressive forum.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
We like wide wheels. It is mainly an appearance thing if you don't like it click the back button and return to your web browsing. ill never understand why people raise forester to go off-roading but i don't question why they do since it is their car they modify it how they see fit

and you should look harder prodrive makes wheels at least 10.5 inches wide

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We like wide wheels. It is mainly an appearance thing if you don't like it click the back button and return to your web browsing. ill never understand why people raise forester to go off-roading but i don't question why they do since it is their car they modify it how they see fit

and you should look harder prodrive makes wheels at least 10.5 inches wide
That's a little too aggressive for me...LOL.

my old 86 that I had...sold to MattJK before he resold it. It had the 16x9 -38 offset

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I couldn't fit a baby seat in it...:p

Back on topic.

Rolled all 4 with camber bolts on lower front struts(stock has camber bolts top) and a 1/2" gap all around...little to no rub. Alignment later today.

Pics to come during the So Cali meet...3 jdm fronts and a kitted 03-05 coming..

why would you sell that car?!?!?!?!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts