Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car in for a VF-39/STi intercooler install and pro-tune last night. The service that I received at Agile was excellent. They were very friendly and answered any questions that I had. The tune turned out excellent. I had some specific needs from this tune and they came through with flying colors. Specifically I wanted the boost to come on relative to the throttle position. In other words if I only have the throttle down about 50% I don't want full boost (unlike what the Cobb maps feel like) Hill said that he dialed back the boost when the throttle is less than 50%. The result was a car that is so well behaved in regular driving but can become a beast if I want it to. My wife even mentioned today that the car dirves much smoother. (in other words, the boost isn't coming on hard all the time even in regular driving)

It was nice to see how friendly everyone was, from Joe to Annie, to Hill and some of the other techs. They were really laid back and easy to talk to.

They also did one other thing that impressed me a great deal. I had agreed to have them supply the STi bov and recirc hose for an agreed upon price. When I went to pay, I was told that they discovered that the 2006 FXT and STi bov are the same (something I just discovered here on another thread). So they used my original bov and supplied a recirc hose at no charge. They could have just charged me and I would have been none the wiser.

They invited back into the shop to watch as they tuned my car. Some of the techs had a friendly bet as to what my HP numbers would be. I think the over/under was 260HP....I came in at 283HP.....(and 325 ft. lbs :icon_biggrin: )

·
Super Moderator
17,657 Posts
Dino works in Columbia. I'd be happy to organize a lunch here some time, if you folks have jobs that allow a bit of time off at midday. Being retired I do tend to forget about that complication.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dino works in Columbia. I'd be happy to organize a lunch here some time, if you folks have jobs that allow a bit of time off at midday. Being retired I do tend to forget about that complication.
Bruce beat me to it. I live in Eldersburg but spend the majority of my time in Columbia (even on the weekends). I still need to host a small get together...

·
Super Moderator
17,657 Posts
Holy shït! I just visited your Web site and looked at your basement.

The word "obsession" comes to mind.

We're getting our house in Columbia ready to sell and are trying to present a minimal impression.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy shït! I just visited your Web site and looked at your basement.

The word "obsession" comes to mind.

We're getting our house in Columbia ready to sell and are trying to present a minimal impression.
Not having kids helps me fund my "sickness". I moved from Columbia back in 2003. (Lived just off of Thunder Hill rd, north of 175 and I miss the convenience of having everything within 5 mins of my home) I couldn't pass up being able to get a home for significantly less than what they were going for in Columbia though.

·
Super Moderator
17,657 Posts
Well, there are ways of getting around the dirty word filter here. If it looks like an I and it squacks like an I, then it must be an I.

Lunch in the Columbia area--I'd be glad to organize such. How about Wednesday next week (2-28) at Kelsey's Irish Pub on Rt 40 in Ellicott City! Let me know if you're interested and I'll line up a time. I might even take my Forester to a carwash by then. I'll post a map.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
12,516 Posts
That sounds fine with me. what time?

Just let me know when it's finalized.

Well, there are ways of getting around the dirty word filter here. If it looks like an I and it squacks like an I, then it must be an I.

Lunch in the Columbia area--I'd be glad to organize such. How about Wednesday next week (2-28) at Kelsey's Irish Pub on Rt 40 in Ellicott City! Let me know if you're interested and I'll line up a time. I might even take my Forester to a carwash by then. I'll post a map.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dino,
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that your experience at Agile was a good one. Hope to see you again sometime!

Joe
(Agile staff member)

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sounds fine with me. what time?

Just let me know when it's finalized.
I will most likely be able to make it....I'll have to be "that" guy though. By "that" guy I mean that I'll be that guy that brings his wife along. We work together and if I go out to lunch alone she is left without transportation.

·
12,516 Posts
Dino,
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that your experience at Agile was a good one. Hope to see you again sometime!

Joe
(Agile staff member)
Hopefully you'll be seeing me soon as well.

I am looking to install a set of ported STi headers. Do you recommend that as an upgrade to the stock headers, and if I would like to get them set up for an EGT gauge. Can you tap them for the sensor?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dino,

Joe
(Agile staff member)
Joe,
No sweat I like to give credit where credit is due. It was cool to meet new folks. I feel embarassed that I was talking to another owner for a while and didn't get his name. Nice guy..He had a monstrous STi. (He mentioned that it was over 480HP at the wheels) We were just chatting for a while. They were all excited about my Forester laying down those dyno numbers, which I thought was cool because his STi would destroy my Forester. They all thought that it was cool that I would be able to destroy stock STi's. I mentioned that I don't really road race and besides, STi's are Subaru brothers. We don't race our bros. EVO's on the other hand...

·
Super Moderator
17,657 Posts
OK

Next Wednesday, Feb 28, 11:30, at Kelsey's Irish Pub on Rt 40 in Ellicott City.

Map at http://tinyurl.com/2d3uow isn't exact but pretty close. Take 40 east from 29 to Rogers Ave, left at light, right at first light up into the shopping center, U-turn into the parking lot at Kelsey's on your left.

I too might be a "that" kind of a guy, as my wife is also interested in meeting the kind of people that I'm interested in. She drives an Impreza.

·
12,516 Posts
I will be there and I will be alone. I'm a single guy, and the girlfriend is going to be at work. The way it's going, i'm going to be "that guy that is alone"!

Actually I already met your wife bbottomley. When I went to pick up the spring compressors.

OK

Next Wednesday, Feb 28, 11:30, at Kelsey's Irish Pub on Rt 40 in Ellicott City.

Map at http://tinyurl.com/2d3uow isn't exact but pretty close. Take 40 to Rogers Ave, left at light, right at first light up into the shopping center, U-turn into the parking lot at Kelsey's.

I too might be a "that" kind of a guy, as my wife is also interested in meeting the kind of people that I'm interested in. She drives an Impreza.

·
Super Moderator
17,657 Posts
I will be there and I will be alone. I'm a single guy, and the girlfriend is going to be at work. The way it's going, i'm going to be "that guy that is alone"!

Actually I already met your wife bbottomley. When I went to pick up the spring compressors.
Hhhmmm. She never mentioned that. I thought you just picked them up at the doorstep.

She's kind of the "I don't really care how it does it, but my Subaru sure gets me there" persuasion. But that's OK.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I should be good to go. We should figure out a way to be able to distinguish each other. (At least I know what Todd looks like)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
9 Participants
IanN
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing