Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

4721 - 4727 of 4727 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FXT Sports slushbox
46 Posts
I've confirmed that that 720Form GTF1 in 17x9 +35 fit over 4/2-pot calipers with LOTS of room to spare. Clearance is tightest on the rear strut, but there's still a decent gap.

Glad I tested these, as one of the adapters that was on the car has several cracks. Not sure if they were already there or if they're really brittle, because I had to give it a few good whacks to remove that one. Now I just need some taller tires, but still considering something a little higher offset, like Enkei TSV 18x8.5 +45. Otherwise, if I keep these, I think I'll need to roll the fenders a bit, because the old tires have rub marks and a 245/45-17 will be the same height as 245/40-18.

Front caliper:

Rear strut:

Rear fender:

Short tire gap...this is on swifts:

I'll get some better pics once I have get it back and cleaned up a bit.

·
Registered
1998 forester
111 Posts
I've confirmed that that 720Form GTF1 in 17x9 +35 fit over 4/2-pot calipers with LOTS of room to spare. Clearance is tightest on the rear strut, but there's still a decent gap.

Glad I tested these, as one of the adapters that was on the car has several cracks. Not sure if they were already there or if they're really brittle, because I had to give it a few good whacks to remove that one. Now I just need some taller tires, but still considering something a little higher offset, like Enkei TSV 18x8.5 +45. Otherwise, if I keep these, I think I'll need to roll the fenders a bit, because the old tires have rub marks and a 245/45-17 will be the same height as 245/40-18.

I'll get some better pics once I have get it back and cleaned up a bit.
Oh man, that's plenty of space. I have a set of SSR wheels with the specs you just stated sitting in my garage and I don't think they'll do any good on my SF. With the wheels on my SF now with tires mounted, I barely have any strut clearance in front. Must be the offset.

·
Registered
2008 FXT Sports slushbox
46 Posts
Oh man, that's plenty of space. I have a set of SSR wheels with the specs you just stated sitting in my garage and I don't think they'll do any good on my SF. With the wheels on my SF now with tires mounted, I barely have any strut clearance in front. Must be the offset.
I'm on GR2 struts, so that could play a factor. I know some struts have different diameters, but not sure what's what.

·
Registered
1998 forester
111 Posts
I'm on GR2 struts, so that could play a factor. I know some struts have different diameters, but not sure what's what.
From what I've read on this forum, your SG struts are better for clearance than the SFs at least in terms of allowing for taller tires. Otherwise, no difference in terms of distance from wheel to strut. Wish my SF had SG struts when I got it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
custom steelies apart of a gb on ozfoz 17x9 +25! Will lower it more next weekend, just to close the gap.

I remember these, my partner had one set of the six ordered.
I want them back so bad. Absolutely loved them!!! They need to reorder them 🤞🏼

4721 - 4727 of 4727 Posts