Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4725 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
There was someone about a year ago that had some rims on that were sticking way out. It was excessive also like most jimmy owners do. It was a black forester if I remember. I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My 17x9 DPTs should be here tomorrow. Wrapping them in my 245/45/17 Yok w drives. haha wide snow tires.... will post asap

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
What I would like to know is what would be the best setup with 18's. I have STi struts with swift spec R springs. What offset, wheel with and tire size could be used to fill the arches but not scrub.

Just don't go crazy wide and you should be fine. Really there's no good reason to run 9 inch wide wheels on a Forester unless its on the track. A simple 18x8 wheel will more than suffice, many Rota wheels are 18x7.5. Here's a set of 18x8 ET50? with 235/40/18 tires that easily fit.

Here's winter shot proving they clear OEM strut bodies as well.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Angry Toaster said:
take notes people, this is the only agressive fitment setup ive seen so far done correctly. your on bc wrx specific coils right?

You could do 245's at the widest because it's an 8" wide rim.
the 04 sti bbs' are only 7.5" wide, the 05+ are 8".

ive seen 275s on them b4 tho! i agree 245 is the widest id go on the stock bbs for street tires anyways...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Just don't go crazy wide and you should be fine. Really there's no good reason to run 9 inch wide wheels on a Forester unless its on the track. A simple 18x8 wheel will more than suffice, many Rota wheels are 18x7.5.
I know what you're saying and I'm not disagreeing, but the main "goal" here is to look aggressive. Totally not practical by any means, especially for a DD, but the super wide aggressive looks is very appealing to some, including myself!

I also come from a 240sx/drift background, so everything I'm used to and have grown to love are dumped rides with impractical (for street use anyways lol) offsets and wiiiiide wheels. But, to each his own!

Lots of inspiration here!!

The Church of the Sooper Aggressive Scooby Setup - NASIOC

:Banane35:
Drew

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
What size tire for bbs sti wheels. Wrx struts/springs. I have stock 215/55/17 geosqueelers now and the look stretched.
i had a post a little while ago asking the same question, the biggest is 245/45/17 and thats what i'm gonna run during the summer time, i couldn't find the post hope this helps

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
I know what you're saying and I'm not disagreeing, but the main "goal" here is to look aggressive. Totally not practical by any means, especially for a DD, but the super wide aggressive looks is very appealing to some, including myself!:Banane35:
Drew
I hears you however I think you wanted somethign that wasn't going to rub all crazy either. Something like a 245/45/18 on an 18x8 wheel with ET44 should do it for the looks dept while still retaining driveability. Can show off the bling if you can't get there in the first place :icon_cool:

RE: The Church of the Sooper Aggressive Scooby Setup - NASIOC

Just be aware Subies don't like extreme offsets. I promise, with all the "wide look" ET35 wheels the NASIOC crowd started to run this year.... by end of next summer you'll see an equal number of threads titled "Why are my bearings shot at 14k miles ?" Nissan's, Mistu's, VW's can run stupid crazy offsets that look great and get away with it. Subaru's tend to eat their bearings once you deviate from the normal range.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Just be aware Subies don't like extreme offsets. I promise, with all the "wide look" ET35 wheels the NASIOC crowd started to run this year.... by end of next summer you'll see an equal number of threads titled "Why are my bearings shot at 14k miles ?" Nissan's, Mistu's, VW's can run stupid crazy offsets that look great and get away with it. Subaru's tend to eat their bearings once you deviate from the normal range.
A very true disclaimer. Anything lower than an et38 you'd better save for bearings!

·
Mr. July 2008
1,220 Posts
take notes people, this is the only agressive fitment setup ive seen so far done correctly. your on bc wrx specific coils right?
Thanks! Yeah, BC STi coilovers. I'm not so much concerned with my bearings as the 5x114 hubs have much stronger bearings. A low offset in combination with the MacPherson strut design really degrades turn-in and scrub radius. I may lose points with the "aggressive" dorks for not having concaved spokes, but at least my geometry is correct.

The TE37s have been retired and now have a new home. My new wheels have the same specs... 18x9.5 +40 :biggrin:

·
Registered
22,329 Posts
i had a post a little while ago asking the same question, the biggest is 245/45/17 and thats what i'm gonna run during the summer time, i couldn't find the post hope this helps
Sweet, so a 245/45/17 will work great with wrx suspension. Count me in!!!1

·
Registered
989 Posts
Here's mine, I just got in the new tires 245/40 18..I just haven't gotten around to mounting them. And I am finally getting around to rolling my fenders this weekend.

21 - 40 of 4725 Posts