Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Aggressive wheel Foresters? (merged thread)

3M views 5K replies 599 participants last post by  dz1 
#1 ·
Are there any Foresters out there in Interweb land running an aggressive wheel size. I'm looking for 18'' Advan RS or similar with a low-ish offset, something that will fill the arches.

#2 ·
Funny that I see this thread right when I come home. Today a friend helped me tap my manifold for an egt gauge. When we were done we mounted his Rota Grid 18x9.5 e38 onto my forester for ****s and giggles. My forester has 04 sti take-offs for the suspension.

#3 · (Edited)
Only other set I can think of off the top of my head is NJmax2nr99's ride.
18x9 et35 Rota G-Force's
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbull...ecial-edition-rota-g-force-has-arrived-43820/

Well guys... my wheels have "Finally Arrived" :woohoo: after the first shipment was lost. These are "Special Edition" wheels that are "Super Limited".:biggrin:

The color is Yamaha Black with a Candy Tone Blue Lip. Size: 18x9 with a 35mm offset.:rock: My '08 FXT is lowered on Tein S-Tech springs made specifically for the JDM FXT STI. I'm still using factory shocks.

Tell me what you guys think. I think the front has to be a little more lower but overall I'm HAPPY with them. These photos were taken at the shop that installed them, using a crappy old 2.1 megapixel camera.

It's pretty flushed with the fenders without using camber bolts. I'll drive it around a little today to see how they ride.

#12 ·
Yea I'm usually not a fan of white. But I thought those went really good with the red as well. And no I didnt drive with them. I didnt want to ruin my buddys tires. Because those wheels would definitely rub.

Looks neat but that is SO going to rub. There doesn't appear to be any significant camber on the rear wheel so first bump or hard corner when the suspension compresses that wheel is going straight into the fender.

I run rather agressive camber in the rear (-2.5) on a set of 17x8.5 w 255's and it just barely touches the rubbers of the wheel arches on hard corners and I'm running a mild ET48 offset.
Yea idk if you read my post but they were my buddies wheels. We put them on just for fun. Because you are correct, there is no question that those wheels would rub.

And just a little fact for everyone. The only thing we could fit between the tire and the strut was a piece of paper. My key couldnt even make it through.

#11 ·
Looks neat but that is SO going to rub. There doesn't appear to be any significant camber on the rear wheel so first bump or hard corner when the suspension compresses that wheel is going straight into the fender.

I run rather agressive camber in the rear (-2.5) on a set of 17x8.5 w 255's and it just barely touches the rubbers of the wheel arches on hard corners and I'm running a mild ET48 offset.

#14 ·
It was clear to me you put them on for fun :icon_cool: Just saying that was totally going to rub in case someone else was thinking of runnign such a setup. Curious, what size tires is he running ? With those wheels you could easily put on a set of 275's if you so wanted.

#19 ·
It's gonna be tough to get really agressive with STi struts, the body is much larger than say a body of a coilover. This is what will limit your tire size (in width).

I think with a proper alignment you could get away with this w/out rubbing:

--18x9 or 9.5
--35mm offset
--255's are the widest fo sho (255/35/18 a 40 series might be too tall)
--camber plates and/or camber bolts (h&r makes great bolts!)
--1/2" strut spacers to counteract the "sag" in the rear

No matter what, you're gonna need to roll and pull your front and rear fenders. The rears more than the fronts.

I'm guestimating on this one, but it makes sense in my head.

:Banane35:
Drew

#45 ·
Oh, and this is a dumb question but...the fitment on this WRX is impossible to pull off on a Forester right?
NASIOC - View Single Post - Wfc #002

Anyways, I <3 the Aggressive Wheel Movement.
I don't think it is impossible, just like what the guy said in the thread, you need coils, some serious camber, rolled and pulled fenders. I looked at the grids in 18 x 9.5 and suby_dude assured me they wouldn't fit w/o some work.

Man, Rota Grid's are super sweet.

I will have to look and see if I still have pics of my Legacy. SubZero's are a great looking wheel, and can be pretty aggressive.
If they would make a newer Subzero in 18 x 9 then they would be on my car. I use to own some 17 x 8's on my WRX and they were nice. But they need some more width to be really aggressive.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.