Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
I don't see anything inherently wrong with the AP turbo inlet. The AP one is aluminum, while the APS is stainless steel. I personally would be going with the APS because of the material...

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,576 Posts
APS isn't shipping to the states any longer (pretty much every one is back ordered) and I don't see them making these again, so IF you can find an APS snatch it up. I personally wouldn't buy anything from Agency power, I just don't like how they simply copy others design. All Agency Power stuff is knock off with little to no research behind it. With that said lots of people run their inlet and have little problems.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,161 Posts
I've been looking for an APS inlet, too, but came to the same conclusion as ^^^^. I'll probably do a soft inlet like Gimmick or Perrin.

Additional thought: If you decide to go with a soft inlet and are worried about it collapsing, you could install a few band clamps along it's length to provide some additional rigidity.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
collapsing was a problem w/ the first few generations of soft inlets. now most companies have reinforced metal bands molded in2 them. i mean if you have a large enough turbo anything is possible, but you should be fine w/ any of the quality inlets! i prefer samco products - love em!

youll also have to remove your intake manifold to install any of the hard inlets. keep this in mind, you might want to do phelonic spacers and tgv deletes while your in there.... IIRC i think you did that already...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts