Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking delivery on a new 2014 Forester XT Touring w/ Eyesight tomorrow. I had hoped to get the the rear cross warning and was willing to wait for the 2015 to get it (along with the improved Eyesight) but learned it would not be available. We are spoiled with our other two vehicles which have "Parking Sensors" factory installed. This will be our first experience with a backup camera but I think having the sensors would be a big help, especially given the tendency to look away from the screen while backing up.

I have learned that it's possible to get them aftermarket and install them myself or have them installed by some local specialty shops.

I've done the search here and can't find the answer to my questions.

Have any of you had them installed? I know a few have installed them themselves. I'm not inclined to attempt installing them myself.

Once installed, is there anything visible inside the car related to the sensors (switches, modules, wiring etc.?)

Is it possible to switch the sensors off. If I'm towing a trailer on my truck, I shut the sensors off when backing up. Otherwise, it's pretty annoying.

I've found two local shops so far that will install a system with pricing beginning at $500.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Roy :confused:

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Ltd Tech CVT
516 Posts
It's a real shame this isn't an option on the North American Foresters. I'd happily pay extra for the driver assist package available on JDM Foresters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts