Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X Premium
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Forester with 2 inch lift and oversized A/T tires. Gets me the same places my Jeep Tj could. Anyway a year ago I had a misfire, so with 160K on the clock with original coil and plug wires I changed them out. Along with some other sensors, just because I was there ( coolant temp sensor , crank shaft position sensor ). I live in the great white north . Shortly after I changed all that, any time in got below about 30 out in got progressively harder to start . By About 20F and below , it would not start . Cranked fine, but no fire . Then spring came and trouble went away.......until December and cold temps came again along with the same previous problem. If I left it outside at home , cold , wouldn’t start , I pushed it into garage and about 20’ later it would start just fine. I replaced the coil twice. ( power coming in but dead on the output side). So bought a subi coil. Problem fixed. A local mechanic that helps me out occasionally says he’s found that subi’s do not like aftermarket coolant temp sensors , coils , and drive axels. ( I also changed the aftermarket coolant temp sensor back to original equipment. )
Hopefully this experience helps someone .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts