Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again everyone,

Picking up our new 2014 Forester XT Touring with Eyesight tomorrow, Dark Gray. My wife is interested in having more chrome on it and was a bit excited to learn that the 2015 Touring would have a chrome strip at the rocker panel. I persuaded her that that is the only difference between the 2014 and 2015 Forester Touring otherwise similarly configured and that we would add the chrome rocker panel moulding aftermarket, having found sources both on EBay and here: 2014 FORESTER TRIM PARTS : JUST-autotrim, The Art of Auto trim parts.

Have any of you purchased aftermarket chrome trim and installed it yourself on the 2014 Forester?
What sources did you use?
Any pictures of the results?

I have also found aftermarket chrome mirror covers, trunk lid trim, rear fog light trim, door handle covers, and even headlight and taillight trim, some of which are available on Amazon.
Anyone installed any of these?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Roy :confused:

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GeoJosh

:icon_surprised: Thanks GeoJosh for you rapid reply to both of my posts.

Very helpful:icon_biggrin:

Roy

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
No problem, Roy.

I have quite a memory, so I can remember who posted stuff and search for specific posts with great detail. I also spend a lot of time here so I don't miss too much, especially about the 2014+ Foresters.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
I have the chrome rocker panel trim. My wife wanted the extra trim. Bought on eBay, easy to install, seem well made. I also have the chrome for the rear bumper lights but no pic of that yet.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You!!

Thank you lwerring:icon_biggrin:

That's exactly the type response I was looking for:icon_cool:

Roy

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
136 Posts
Chrome Trim for 2014

See my recent post here about inside door panel carpets I ordered from China. There I show and reference the upper door panel chrome accents for the switch gear where the passenger side piece (not shown) did not fit as there are no door lock buttons on Asian Foresters. I had to have someone modify the cutouts with a Dremel Tool. Otherwise I bought the A/C Vent pieces which with my weather tech outside window vents seem to reflect a little too much and I have 4 trim pieces for sale that I will not be using. The interior chrome trim pieces for the cup holder and x mode switches and the gear shift surround fit perfectly. These all came from China on e bay.
Tons of chrome for almost every part of your car. Make sure you stick these on when the weather is warm outside so the tape cures to the car.

·
Registered
2015 Touring CVT
76 Posts
I ordered some of the lower chrome door trim off ebay for my 15. (from China)I only needed the pass side but had to purchase both sides. The quality is great the only problem is it is slightly wider then the factory. when I say slightly I mean 1/8 or less. No problem if you are replacing both doors on one side or just adding it to the entire car but if you are just replacing one door you might notice the difference.(might not). You will have to buy both sides so you can replace one complete side with the new and no one will ever know. I have the drivers side (both doors) if someone just needs that side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts